Quasar

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by gonefishing, May 24, 2012.

1. gonefishing

gonefishing
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Nobody is using this tweak?

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm keeping it under consideration, once I am able to jail break my iPad3. It looks very cool and I would like to try it. The problem is, I had an iPad1 that was jail broke, but I don't know how well it would work on a device with half the RAM of the iPad2 or one fourth the RAM of the iPad3.

So, I wait...

Have you tried it?

Marilyn

3. Gzoladz

Gzoladz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have it. It is a novelty at first but not practical to use.

I may remove it.

4. geek_riot

geek_riot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Question, if you don't mind. The only reason I bought the iPad over an Android tab is this tweak. I really really want to watch netflix while surfing the web. Any idea if that is possible?

5. Gzoladz

Gzoladz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I dont have the netflix app but I tested it with youtube and you can certainly watch videos and browse at the same time.

Dont get me wrong, the tweak is very well done. But in my opinion it is not practical to have it activated for every day tasks.

6. c_strong

c_strong
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    does this works well on ipad 2 ?, no lag / slow issues ?

7. Gzoladz

Gzoladz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not in my case. The only paiful part is that you need to respring to activate it or deactivate it, and that gestures dont work when it is activated it.

8. iRaptor25

iRaptor25
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've been using it for Netflix, Twitch TV, etc. and it works great for that.

Its too annoying to have to hit full screen every time to leave it on during normal use, so you do have to re-spring it on/off when you need it, but respringing takes about 10 seconds so not that big of a deal. It would be great if it gets updated to allow easier switching in/out of multi-window mode, but I still find it well worth $10 to have that functionality available anyway.

Its also a way to force some apps to run in the background(well, not really the background) that normally shut down after 10 minutes per Apples rules. I imagine it will come in handle for something else here and there too. Referencing something and such.

So yeah it may have limited uses but it works very well. Aside from a way to activate/deactivate the window mode without re-springing, the one other thing I would really like is if you could run one app full screen with another pinned on top of it TV PIP style so you could make better use of the screen space. As is I put the video in horizontal mode taking up 1/3 the width but wasting most of that sides height, and then a browser in verticle orientation taking up the rest of the sceren.

#8 iRaptor25, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  9. Sundar2012

Sundar2012
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Installed it and have it disabled. It's not a tweak that would ever be a daily driver but I can see using it at work if I'm mirroring a presentation and website to a tv.

10. mikespe

mikespe
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I agree with Gzoladz...it's a fun novelty at first but it becomes cumbersome after a while. Plus my ipad resprung on it's own while I was using it so I uninstalled it. The concept is great. It would be nice if you need to copy & past between apps or multitask...I really wanted it to work smoothly. But it is a GREAT start. A few bug fixes and this tweak just might be the best!!!

To geek_riot...In Android it is VERY easy to switch between apps especially in Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4)