What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quasar

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm keeping it under consideration, once I am able to jail break my iPad3. It looks very cool and I would like to try it. The problem is, I had an iPad1 that was jail broke, but I don't know how well it would work on a device with half the RAM of the iPad2 or one fourth the RAM of the iPad3.

So, I wait...

Have you tried it?

Marilyn

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it. It is a novelty at first but not practical to use.

I may remove it.

geek_riot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it. It is a novelty at first but not practical to use.

I may remove it.

Question, if you don't mind. The only reason I bought the iPad over an Android tab is this tweak. I really really want to watch netflix while surfing the web. Any idea if that is possible?

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont have the netflix app but I tested it with youtube and you can certainly watch videos and browse at the same time.

Dont get me wrong, the tweak is very well done. But in my opinion it is not practical to have it activated for every day tasks.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not in my case. The only paiful part is that you need to respring to activate it or deactivate it, and that gestures dont work when it is activated it.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it for Netflix, Twitch TV, etc. and it works great for that.

Its too annoying to have to hit full screen every time to leave it on during normal use, so you do have to re-spring it on/off when you need it, but respringing takes about 10 seconds so not that big of a deal. It would be great if it gets updated to allow easier switching in/out of multi-window mode, but I still find it well worth $10 to have that functionality available anyway.

Its also a way to force some apps to run in the background(well, not really the background) that normally shut down after 10 minutes per Apples rules. I imagine it will come in handle for something else here and there too. Referencing something and such.

So yeah it may have limited uses but it works very well. Aside from a way to activate/deactivate the window mode without re-springing, the one other thing I would really like is if you could run one app full screen with another pinned on top of it TV PIP style so you could make better use of the screen space. As is I put the video in horizontal mode taking up 1/3 the width but wasting most of that sides height, and then a browser in verticle orientation taking up the rest of the sceren.

Last edited:

Sundar2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed it and have it disabled. It's not a tweak that would ever be a daily driver but I can see using it at work if I'm mirroring a presentation and website to a tv.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with Gzoladz...it's a fun novelty at first but it becomes cumbersome after a while. Plus my ipad resprung on it's own while I was using it so I uninstalled it. The concept is great. It would be nice if you need to copy & past between apps or multitask...I really wanted it to work smoothly. But it is a GREAT start. A few bug fixes and this tweak just might be the best!!!

To geek_riot...In Android it is VERY easy to switch between apps especially in Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4)

geek_riot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Gzoladz...it's a fun novelty at first but it becomes cumbersome after a while. Plus my ipad resprung on it's own while I was using it so I uninstalled it. The concept is great. It would be nice if you need to copy & past between apps or multitask...I really wanted it to work smoothly. But it is a GREAT start. A few bug fixes and this tweak just might be the best!!!

To geek_riot...In Android it is VERY easy to switch between apps especially in Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4)

Yeah, I had the new transformer (not the prime, but the tf300t). ICS is wonderful, but I only see one option for running two apps in windows side by side. It is something called cornerstone, and it has to be baked into the rom. So for now the iPad is the only practical option (aside from a windows tablet).

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the new transformer (not the prime, but the tf300t). ICS is wonderful, but I only see one option for running two apps in windows side by side. It is something called cornerstone, and it has to be baked into the rom. So for now the iPad is the only practical option (aside from a windows tablet).

I meant the app switcher built into ICS (the 2 squares overlapping one another in the navigation bar). But I have tried cornerstone on Thor's TegraOwner's rom for the Acer Iconia A500....it's a good novelty but buggy. Plus the developers stopped support on it & there will be no further development. Quasar wasn't all that smooth & like I said it caused a reboot of my iPad. I am VERY leery on some of the tweaks on the iPad compared to Android because iOS is a closed system & much easier for issues to occur. Since Android is open & MEANT to be open any bugs that may occur usually are just force closes of apps. Quasar really is a big modification of how iOS was meant to work works.

uberlinuxgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ran it, but the issue I have is with the developer. He has already pushed all his efforts to the iPad3 and left the original issues unaddressed. I have tried contacting hip several times with no reponse. 10$ and limited support, buyer beware if you have issues. Not worth the cost without support

lesio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have on my IPad 3 and it is not ready yet
Facetime didn't work, black screen, apps designed for iPhone had screwed up window
native gestures like for and five fingers didn't work.
This app has a potential but too buggy to use at this moment

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's such a unique tweak and potentially more useful on my iPad 3 with the greater resolution. I wish this developer would fix the obvious issue with how you activate it or not, and make it more flexible to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts