What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quasar

feng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed it, but now, I can not link the wifi of our university, the wifi of our university is webwifi.

OP
G

gonefishing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using it if i need to listen to radio streaming in the background other than not..not really useful, it's something I think nice to have when you need it

Reaction score
It's very buggy on my iPad 1, I found that apps don't just crash, they freeze and force a complete restart. I am however learning which apps work, and this morning have 4 apps open without crashing. I added fullforce, I have no idea why it would add stability, it is probably just a coincidence. I did email the developer, he probably has a canned response, but to his credit he is trying to communicate. I think the app would be great for presentations, also running videos and radio streams in the background. Kind of pricey for such a buggy program, my suggestion to the developer was to offer a sale until he gets the worst bugs figured out (I think he is also adding requested features, which adds complexity to a fix). App has lots of potential, if you are willing to risk $10 it may be worth it as a novelty, but as a reliable tool it may not be ready yet.

dynomonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quasar, It's buggy. After installation on my iPad 3/5.1.1 it would not stay connected to wifi. Stayed connected fine to cellular. Uninstalled quasar and everything is working fine now. So I am looking for an alternative app for multitasking. Anyone have a good alternative?

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
There is nothing else that does as Quasar does. So, it's either wait for the developer to get the bugs out or to use it in spite of the bugs. Sorry.

Marilyn

Or wait until ios7, when apple devs find out about the tweak :)

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app just got an update which helped out with a lot of the bugs. Give it a shot.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you still need to respring to enable it and disable it?

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you do need to respring each time, but that is true of most tweaks. Considering how big a tweak window management is, I don't see that changing anytime soon. One thing I'd like to see fixed is that sometimes when resizing a window, the whole app goes skinny - like it's being squeezed from both sides. And of course the crashes and resprings. Still, it's a pretty good example of what can be done, so maybe other developers will make competing window managers and there'll be some cool options available.

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used this app for some hour now. Works perfect on my Ipad 3d gen so far.

All I should have fixed is the window size. It s way to small can I specify a new size in Settings?

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can drag the bottom right corner to resize the window, but there is no way to specify a default size for new windows. Perhaps the developer will add that option in a future update if there is enough interest in it.

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Do not install this !!!

It looks very promising, and is very very helpful, in fact I miss it deeply already!

You see I tried it most of yesterday, simply fantastic!!

But it locks / freezez my Ipad 3 often, very often i had to disable it.

Please please you Cydia super mod, instruct the developer to put out anwarning such as;

"this is beta software and not stable. Use at own risk!"

It is too bad that novices such as me should be "fooled" into bying this very unfinished product,
I hav had my Ipad for only one week, I have installed many, many Cydia apps
- this Quasar is the only one who has given me serious trouble but at the same time is THE most promising in trems of innovation, a most wanted app!

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The tweak seems to be working for me. I don't have many other tweaks installed though.

DenAtTheDBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first tried it on my iPad2, it was pretty buggy (freezing, respringing, etc) and there were a few updates that didn't seem to improve the stability of it at all. But the most recent update seems to have fixed most of the instability for me. I say most because I found it does freeze up if I use Atomic Browser. So I've been using Safari for a while and things have been pretty smooth.

Most reactions

Latest posts