What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems that I've encountered

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept getting tripped up while performing everyday tasks. Here are a few examples:

• The iPad doesn't have a file system like the Mac, where you save documents from different applications in a single pile.It's a completely different way of storing and managing documents, and it takes some getting used to for people who are accustomed to doing things on a desktop computer.
  • In the iPad's Web browser, you can't open a whole folder of bookmarks all at once like you can with desktop browsers.
  • When I do online banking or shopping, I like to save PDFs of receipts to my desktop. You can't save PDFs on the iPad.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader may be able to help with the PDF download issue. Atomic Browser allows tabs, and other advanced browser functions, and can pretend to be Firefox, or IE7/8/9 for websites that treat the iPad like a smartphone.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Atomic is in the App store $.99 Im using it now and it's become my main browser because of the tabs!

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept getting tripped up while performing everyday tasks. Here are a few examples:

• The iPad doesn't have a file system like the Mac, where you save documents from different applications in a single pile.It's a completely different way of storing and managing documents, and it takes some getting used to for people who are accustomed to doing things on a desktop computer.
  • In the iPad's Web browser, you can't open a whole folder of bookmarks all at once like you can with desktop browsers.
  • When I do online banking or shopping, I like to save PDFs of receipts to my desktop. You can't save PDFs on the iPad.

Jailbreak and grab iFile...gives you access to everything on your device just like a mac.

As for grabbing pdf receipts you can do a couple things. One you can just select all the text and paste it to an email and send it to yourself...then if you need to print it from the device use Air Sharing HD.

Or even easier you can just press the home button and the sleep button together to take a screen grab. You can email it to yourself or just leave it on the device to sync next with itunes. I'm assuming you just want proof of purchase...which means you never need to edit the text.

Most reactions

Latest posts