What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terra Browser by Readdle

Readdle.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi once again,

The phenomenal increase of popularity of our Terra Browser was a nice surprise for us. Terra became #1 Free iPad app on the AppStore.

icon.png

Terra Browser is simple yet powerful browser for your iPad.

So what's so cool about Terra you will ask?
The answer is:
-Tabbed browsing
-Full Screen
-Incognito mode
-Save pages to browse them offline
-Amazingly clean UI
-Text search
-Swipe Gestures (navigate between tabs)
-Password protection
-Send links by e-mail
-Bookmarks

The most recent update provided:

Safari-like Open In interface
- Now you can open any document or file with associated application (doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, pdf, webarchive) by simply tapping on it.
Import bookmarks
- Import bookmarks from any desktop browser with iTunes.
File sharing
- Now all your downloaded files are available in Documents folder with iTunes

Terra is absolutely free. Right now, we roughly have 100,000 daily active users. Yet more to come, we hope. Go get it!

I will be glad to answer your questions, hear suggestions and feedback.

Readdle

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm almost converted, other than the fact I cant seem to have my book marks on the top of the screen visible at all times like I can in Safari ?

I'm generally a firefox user, so tabs are important. This is a good thing. This for me is the only place where Safari on the iPad falls down.

Also, having my favs listed at the top of the screen at all times is very important and comforting. More important than tabs IMO. Sort this out and I'll be a convert :)

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was an avid Atomic Browser fan, always hated Safari...but wow to the Terra browser....brilliant, well done !!!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love it, I've already moved safari out of the way and replaced it with terra. Only question I have is how I can set it to remember information I enter into web forms, usernames, passwords, etc. I'm sure I set that up today when I downloaded it but now I can't find that setting within the app and there's no customization within the settings area? Please help if you can mr Readdle :)

Edit, I think ive had an embarrassing fail here. Obviously I downloaded terra then configured safari within settings to remember info entered. Can I do that within terra or if not is that option in the pipeline?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Shellready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 keep your finger press on any icon to make them "balance"

2 click on safari and move it in your normal icon "desktop"

3 click on terra and bring it down where you can have the 6 icon

It's not default browser but it's to make sure you dont click on safari

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I'm referring to when I click a link in an email it opens in safari

cshmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shellready said:
I'm referring to when I click a link in an email it opens in safari

Yes, if you can make it default browser in that sense, it would be perfect! I also have another suggestion/idea.... Can I open multiple windows in the same terra app... Or can I form another 'group' of tabs? Infinite tabs is amazing... If such a feature was available, it would help keep my browsing organized... Thanks...

P.S. : Did I forget to mention? TERRA ROCKS! :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I've just installed Atomic as my main browser, purely because Terra doesn't show favorites onscreen permanently.

So, to officially change the default browser the only way is to jailbreak?

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terra seems to work pretty well for me. Some minor stuff here and there, but overall I'm happy.

Songl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opening links in mail

Hi, ist there someway to enable terra to open links from an email in the mail program? The copy and pastig is really annoying. Thanx!

Most reactions

Latest posts