1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Problem with Wifi connectivity with my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by zoombieland, Nov 1, 2011.

1. zoombieland

zoombieland iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

After trying helplessly to go thru a no of forums,I am finally posting my query here.I bought an brand new wifi+3G ipad 2 a couple of days back.For a few days,I did not have a 3G connection so was using it exclusively on my home wifi connection,everything was fine.Then I got my 3G connection and have been using it alternatively with my home wifi.Now i have observed that on switching from 3G to Wi-fi,i am facing a problem downloading or even connecting to the itunes store.If I try to download an app using my wifi it gives me an error sayin "Cannot connect to iTunes":( on the other hand the same app is downloaded without a problem using my 3G connection.

I am really hoping some1 would help me overcome the same, the frustration is really growing :(

Cheers,
    Zoombieland!!!!!
  2. helix2000

helix2000 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hopefully someone has a suggestion. I have the WiFi and 3G IPad2 and have not run into that problem unless on the road and the WiFi connection is very poor.
  3. kmcintosh78

kmcintosh78 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like you may be blocked by your home ISP router. Most US based ISPs want to control how many devices connect to the ISP router, so they lock the number of IP addresses that can be used. Can you surf the net, while connected to WIFI?
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hello Zoombieland - welcome to the forum! :)

Well if not already done, I would suggest starting w/ some quick and easy maneuvers - first, 'restart', and if not successful 'reset' your iPad - Directions HERE - this often clears up many issues when the device is not working correctly.

If the above is of no help, then 'power recycle' your modem & router (not sure if you have both or a single 2 in 1 model?), i.e. just turn each off (or pull the power cords), then sequentially start up the modem and then the router - this often solves my home Wi-Fi issues - good luck and please post back if these suggestions do not help!