What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressing volume down button once mutes ipad

psykopat81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem seems to appear when OS6.1 and jailbreak was installed

when I (single, no hold) press the down volume button, it mutes my iPad

mkpred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue , if i hit the volume rocker once , it mutes my ipad , i too have noticed this after installing ios 6.1 and jailbreaking my ipad with evasi0n.I am on a ipad 4 btw.I thought it might be an issue caused by a cydia app I installed but could well be evasi0n's fault , since it also broke the weather app .looking forward to other's replies .Yeah I am a noob here on this site so yeah , thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I jail broke my iPad3 using evasi0n 1.0 (and installed the update to the jail break via Cydia).

I do not have any issue with my volume buttons. When I press either the UP or Down button once, the volume changes incrementally as it should. If I press and hold the up/down button, again, they work as normal. I have no issues with it suddenly muting.

Hv]ave you been to Cydia and see if you've installed the fix to evasi0n? Or, try a restart or a reset. That said, I've got nothing - cause I can't duplicate the problem. Sorry.

Marilyn

arcsum68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, just applied the latest patch this morning, rebooted, and it's still the same.

I am going to probably wipe it out and start over tonight/tomorrow. I will post back if that resolves the issue.

Unless someone posts a fix or there's an update in the meantime.

I will try it out stock first, then JB before installing anything else.

arcsum68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, just applied the latest patch this morning, rebooted, and it's still the same.

I am going to probably wipe it out and start over tonight/tomorrow. I will post back if that resolves the issue.

Unless someone posts a fix or there's an update in the meantime.

I will try it out stock first, then JB before installing anything else.

So I was screwing around, deleted some repo's and intalled Winterboard. Figured I was going to wipe it anyway. Long story short, volume is now working. I was not expecting anything I did to have any influence, so I was not testing regularly. I noticed after screwing around with it, that it now works.

mkpred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok So just Now I upgraded all my cydia packages , over 10 of them , and now my problem is gone .When I press volume down it now doesnt mute instead lowers volume in increments.My upgrade packages included , evasi0n update , sbsettings , mewseek e.t.c , so if you have a problem try upgrading your cydia packages before doing a reset.thanks everyone for a reply

Most reactions

Latest posts