What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muting issue!

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? When I mute my iPad 2 by holding the volume rocker all the way down for a second or so, I can still hear keyboard clicks when composing an email. This wasn't the case with my original iPad running OS 4.2. Of course, I can turn the keyboard sound off in the Settings/Sound area, but I shouldn't have to while muted.

Reaction score
Not sure, whether this is iPad 2 of 4.3.1 specific, but you can choose, whether the sounds depend on the volume rocker or are set at a fixed volume. This setting is found under :
Settings>General->Sounds->Change with buttons ON

OP
W

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Not sure, whether this is iPad 2 of 4.3.1 specific, but you can choose, whether the sounds depend on the volume rocker or are set at a fixed volume. This setting is found under :
Settings>General->Sounds->Change with buttons ON

Thanks so much! That is definitely new in OS4.3 or ipad2...totally solved my issue!

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great find. I had the same question...

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also use the system sounds mute if you have the switch on the side enabled for mute instead of rotation.

Most reactions