What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 volume down button doesn't mute

pkhong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with my iPad when I hold the volume down button it doesn't mute??

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem with my iPad when I hold the volume down button it doesn't mute??

From the iOS guideline manual:

Mute the sound:
Hold down the Volume Down button

Mute notifications, alerts, and sound effects:
Slide the Side Switch down to mute notifications, alerts, and sound effects. This switch doesn’t mute audio playback, such as music, podcasts, movies, and TV shows. See Side Switch.

Lock the screen rotation:
In Settings, go to General > Use Side Switch to, then tap Lock Rotation. See Side Switch.

OP
P

pkhong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant that hold the volume down button for 2 seconds didn't instant mute the sounds/music. When I got my iPad a year ago holding the button down instant mute but now all it does is slowly go down to 0 volume bar

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed that, too. I think it came with iOS version 5.0.1. I like it this new way. Before it would jump to mute when all I wanted to do was turn the sound down.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Most reactions

Latest posts