Predictions for the iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Linkreincarnate, Jun 9, 2010.

1. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Why would you need an accelerometer? I'm sure people said that when the iPhone came out. It takes gaming to a whole new level. Funny how many devices started including one after that.

2. write-stuff

write-stuff
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Accelerometer and gyroscope are two different things. Speeking of the compass/accelerometer, anybody playing with those night-sky-planitarium apps? Really very cool. Just hold your iPad up to identify what is beyond it. Lot of fun if you live in an area with good visibility and low light pollution. Gyroscope definitely could be used in aviation to emulate some of the flight instruments.

3. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm aware, I was referencing the fact that it was a new feature that the iPhone introduced to the cell phone industry that wasn't NEEDED but certainly awesome to have :) .

4. jacobgong

jacobgong
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok... does anyone know what a gyroscope is? cause It seems to me you won't ever have one of those in a mobile device unless it's specifically designed for aviation.

5. sbarnes8478

sbarnes8478
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Easy enough to do in firmware. No matter what size card physically installed, OS limits addressable expansion memory based on native memory.

6. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Watch Steve Jobs' keynote....you'll see the demo of using the gyroscope in a game.

7. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It would be easy to do that, but still wishful thinking. You'll have better luck getting Flash on any mobile Apple device ;) .

8. jacobgong

jacobgong
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    alright, either a link or someone tell me what a gyroscope is. because I do not see it's implications nor do I see the possibility of a gyroscope fit into a phone or iPad.

9. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    iPhone 4's new gyroscope - CNET News

After the stupid commercial.

10. jacobgong

jacobgong
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok that is awesome, I'm very impressed with how far he is going with this. Because you can get all the position informations with just compass and accelerometer. Adding a gyroscope only improves the precision yet it's there...
    the iphone 4 now seems even more attractive to me, but I might not have the spare to afford it when it comes out, dammm