What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions for the iPad 2

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy enough to do in firmware. No matter what size card physically installed, OS limits addressable expansion memory based on native memory.

It would be easy to do that, but still wishful thinking. You'll have better luck getting Flash on any mobile Apple device ;) .

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alright, either a link or someone tell me what a gyroscope is. because I do not see it's implications nor do I see the possibility of a gyroscope fit into a phone or iPad.

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alright, either a link or someone tell me what a gyroscope is. because I do not see it's implications nor do I see the possibility of a gyroscope fit into a phone or iPad.

iPhone 4's new gyroscope - CNET News

After the stupid commercial.

ok that is awesome, I'm very impressed with how far he is going with this. Because you can get all the position informations with just compass and accelerometer. Adding a gyroscope only improves the precision yet it's there...
the iphone 4 now seems even more attractive to me, but I might not have the spare to afford it when it comes out, dammm

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The likely candidates are Retinal Scan screen which Jobs probably wanted with the original iPad, but could not get. More memory, which is typical. They may drop the 16GB to a wifi only model, and then go to 128GB max. A faster processor is likely, as is a forward facing camera. With the slot already allocated, and the new FaceTime, the camera is almost a given. Also expect a couple of new add-on devices to become available. The gyroscope would be an easy addition, so we should see that too.

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a display like the iPhone4 isn't very practical on the iPad, the resolution would be simply too big for today's chips. you would be having a resolution like 2048x1536 for a screen as big as the iPad's which is just too big.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The likely candidates are Retinal Scan screen which Jobs probably wanted with the original iPad, but could not get. More memory, which is typical. They may drop the 16GB to a wifi only model, and then go to 128GB max. A faster processor is likely, as is a forward facing camera. With the slot already allocated, and the new FaceTime, the camera is almost a given. Also expect a couple of new add-on devices to become available. The gyroscope would be an easy addition, so we should see that too.

It's called Retina Display.....a retinal scan is a completely different thing ;) .

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the accelerometer allows you movement, it's usually when turning the iPad all on the same plane, the gyroscope adds sensitivity to the iPad when it turns on itself, front to back,

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the accelerometer allows you movement, it's usually when turning the iPad all on the same plane, the gyroscope adds sensitivity to the iPad when it turns on itself, front to back,

accelerometer does sense whatever yo're trying to say. what it doesn't sense is turning on a plane perpendicular to the direction of acceleration. but normally that could be done with the compass.

Patrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You wont see any sort of card expansion slot. IMO, Apple views these as potential entry points for stuff they can't control. And Apple is all about control.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You wont see any sort of card expansion slot. IMO, Apple views these as potential entry points for stuff they can't control. And Apple is all about control.

Patrick, I tend to agree with you and others making similar coments regarding the memory slot too,,, wishful thinking never hurt anyone.... Right????;). I really think memory is going to be the biggest short coming for the iPad in the not to distant future, and I think Apple will, at some point, rethink and add this simple feature. If the hardware is there then no big deal... And this would be a really inenexpensive feature to give... Come on Steve- are you listening???? We know you are... Chime in please. :p:D

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts