What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions for the iPad 2

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
So what do you guys think will be in the iPad 2? I'm thinking the new Retna display will make it in. Cameras for sure. Maybe a 3d display. Gyroscopes for sure. Plus all the features currently included.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually the retina display is the IPS light display.

The iPad uses an IPS display which is also what HP uses in it's $2500 Dream Color professional displays.....don't expect the screen to get much better.

I dont care about camera....but im sure it will pop in there. It already has full accelorameter/clinometer/compass

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, the retina display is 326 pixels per inch, the human eye can only see 300. You can't see the pixels on the new iPhone, I can clearly see them on my iPad.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what do you guys think will be in the iPad 2? I'm thinking the new Retna display will make it in. Cameras for sure. Maybe a 3d display. Gyroscopes for sure. Plus all the features currently included.

I think you nailed it,,,, how about a memory slot to allow expansion???

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Everything that you said, except 3D (if you mean like with special glasses or something). If it's the 3D display that moves with the gyro, then that's a bird of a different feather... :p

Basically, would want to see everything that the iPhone 4 has include the same steel ring and front/back glass design. Minus the cellular transceivers.

Piko

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think it'll ever include a slot for expansion. Here's why:

They'd never sell more than the low end model, and therefore make less money. Everyone would by the 16GB and go buy their own expansion cards.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They'd never sell more than the low end model, and therefore make less money. Everyone would by the 16GB and go buy their own expansion cards.

Easily addressed. Platform limits: a 16G can only add 8G, a 32 can only add 16G, and a 64G is openended. Thus a low end buyer can't achieve the next level, but the top model is open up to some defineable hardware limit

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Easily addressed. Platform limits: a 16G can only add 8G, a 32 can only add 16G, and a 64G is openended. Thus a low end buyer can't achieve the next level, but the top model is open up to some defineable hardware limit

Far too complicated. Apple won't do it....it takes a hell of a lot of engineering behind the scenes to include a slot like that. Look at the new iPhone, they had to relocate and move to a micro-sim just so they can fit in all the parts along with the new larger battery.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
Accelerometer and gyroscope are two different things. Speeking of the compass/accelerometer, anybody playing with those night-sky-planitarium apps? Really very cool. Just hold your iPad up to identify what is beyond it. Lot of fun if you live in an area with good visibility and low light pollution. Gyroscope definitely could be used in aviation to emulate some of the flight instruments.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accelerometer and gyroscope are two different things. Speeking of the compass/accelerometer, anybody playing with those night-sky-planitarium apps? Really very cool. Just hold your iPad up to identify what is beyond it. Lot of fun if you live in an area with good visibility and low light pollution. Gyroscope definitely could be used in aviation to emulate some of the flight instruments.

I'm aware, I was referencing the fact that it was a new feature that the iPhone introduced to the cell phone industry that wasn't NEEDED but certainly awesome to have :) .

jacobgong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok... does anyone know what a gyroscope is? cause It seems to me you won't ever have one of those in a mobile device unless it's specifically designed for aviation.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Far too complicated. Apple won't do it....it takes a hell of a lot of engineering behind the scenes to include a slot like that. Look at the new iPhone, they had to relocate and move to a micro-sim just so they can fit in all the parts along with the new larger battery.

Easy enough to do in firmware. No matter what size card physically installed, OS limits addressable expansion memory based on native memory.

Most reactions

Latest posts