What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions for the iPad 2

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Laptop2tv.co.uk supplies some of the best Mini DVI and Mini Displayport available. It has a Apple Display selector that will help you determine the exact Mini dvi or minidisplayport is require for the mac . I ordered the product on monday and it arrived on tuesday under free delivery.

Safari won't open the link

OP
Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
I can understand some of the confusion about gyroscopes. We are not talking about an avionics gyroscope. Basically the electronics industry has 2 primary force sensors. Accelerometers which measure movement but without rotation and gyroscopes which measure movement and rotation. The easiest way i can explain is with an example the wii remote uses acceleromiters this allowed the infamous waggle to take the industry by storm. What people wanted though was 1:1 translation of their real life movements onto game movements. Nintendo responded with the wii motion plus attachment, this added gyroscopes to the wii remote and allowed them to deliver 1:1 motion translation. The reason this is important it that it will allow new types of software (like augmented reality) and more immersive software.

Patrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 5 will likely be about...
1) Support for 4G networks
2) Retina-like screen upgrade (HD capable)
3) More memory
4) A few odds and sods... slightly better camera, slightly better battery life (if you stay off the aforementioned 4G networks?), ...

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
No Apple mobile product has ever included any sort of expansion slot. No Apple desktop has ever included any expansion beyond USB or FireWire. Apple has always been about high reliability. Allowing that kind of access to the system bus puts the main platform at risk. That just goes against their way of thinking. :)

Piko

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
why would you need a Gyroscope? build and app to fly planes?

Would make for some amazingly immersive interfaces. Not just games. Imagine being able to navigate a virtual world of say data, information, pictures whathaveyou.

Say you want to navigate a family tree to see all the people. Rather than tap, drag, tap, drag, yada yada. Just stand up, turn, step, turn, step. Would make for some pretty amazing application interfaces.

As a developer, knowing Apple, the Gyro App Kit would be fairly transparent when you want to add in your application. Very cool indeed!

Piko

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When at home I use the iPad 99% of the time, the MacBook and Windows computers just sit. There are some limitations but just for the regular stuff you do every day it just works.
My wish is for a version of Picasa that will sync with my MacBook and allow me to organize pictures on the iPad.

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
Different screen formats

One feature that I would appreciate is different screen formats as it will allow more flexibility. Something like 8' and even 7' could be lighter and even more portable, will still allow to read way better than smartphones and watch movies or play games.

Most reactions

Latest posts