What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PowerPoint Presentations in normal setting?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all, a few times now I've been asked to give a presentation and I want to do it from my iPad instead of a laptop. My understanding is that I can simple use the hdmi adapter and a digital cable, the same one I use for my flatscreen to cable box at home. The problem seems to be on the projector side where they never have a digital input on the projector. Has anyone figured out how to get this working so I can go to any hotel and give a presentation from my iPad? Shouldn't this be a realty and standard by now?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple has other TV adapters that might work on projector I would go to Apple site and check it out . I just went to Apple site and the name of the cable is a VGA cable

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

yes, Apple calls it the Apple VGA Adapter. It is available at the online Apple store - here- and I think every retailer where you can get an iPad/iPhone should have it.

Knut

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much you guys. I normally do my own search but I checked a while back and didn't find anything. Thanks so much.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

if you want to use a more advanced - highly sophisticated - and of course more complex solution then try an Apple TV and connect it to the projector - (you need a wifi network to get this going). As the projector only has a vga input you will need another gadget - a hdmi2vga converter.
But then you are able to walk the room while giving the presentation.

Or as an alternative to this setting (without Apple TV and converter) you can connect the ipad to the projector with the vga adapter and use a second iOS device (iPhone/iPod touch) and connect it via wifi to the iPad using the keynote remote app.
But this is again a more complex solution than your original setting.

Hope this helps. If you find it a bit too complex, forget about it.

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts