What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solutions for wireless presentation with ipad

richaltieri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and appreciate any feedback on this issue you might give.

I am a professional trainer now using MACBOOK PRO, IPAD and IPHONE.
Lots of research but looking for a simple solution to presenting wirelessly from IPAD to projector. Don't want to rely on Wi Fi solutions as often times where I am making presentations don't have access to WIFI. Looking for something more along the lines of blue tooth connectivity where I can present PDF's and Keynote and if I land in heaven, this would include power point. Right now I convert my Power Points to PDF's which allows me to store in IBooks.

I am willing to buy a new projector if one is suggested to provide a solution. So far have experimented with using IPAD to control projector, connected to MACBOOK and worked somewhat well but needed WiFi to connect.

I am hoping to find a solution in a perfect world where IPAD is connected to projector through Blue Tooth and no laptop needed, and no wires, allowing me to move about with presentation up to a couple hundred feet.

Ideas?

Thanks again for your help and feedback

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Other than Jailbreaking the iPad, there isnt really anything offhand I can think of. If a Projector had a Bluetooth connection, you could do that, but still, the iPad would have to be JB.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only solution I can think of is to jailbreak then use veency to set up a VNC server on your iPad then log in to it from a desktop plugged into a projector, you can control it from the iPad and show it with the projector....bluetooth solution tho....not that I've seen or heard of....on either end. None for the iPad, nor is there anyway to access an iPad screen (or a laptop or PC for that matter) over BT.

T

TJK

Just a crazy suggestion here....
Get an Apple TV and a small portable WiFi router.
Connect Apple TV to the projector (you might need an HDMI to VGA adapter)
Get a small, portable WiFi Router
Download the Remote App for your iPad and stream wireless from the iPad to the Apple TV.

This is basically the set-up I am running in my house - No wires except between the Apple TV and the projector (or in my case my Plasma TV). This works flawlessly....as a bonus you can connect the Apple TV to the iTunes library on your MacBook (if you happen to have it along) and stream just about anything to the Apple TV.

You could buy just about ANY wireless N router...so between the Apple TV, router and an HDMI adapter you would have less than $200 invested.

If you get a new projector it probably has HDMI inputs.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a crazy suggestion here....
Get an Apple TV and a small portable WiFi router.
Connect Apple TV to the projector (you might need an HDMI to VGA adapter)
Get a small, portable WiFi Router
Download the Remote App for your iPad and stream wireless from the iPad to the Apple TV.

This is basically the set-up I am running in my house - No wires except between the Apple TV and the projector (or in my case my Plasma TV). This works flawlessly....as a bonus you can connect the Apple TV to the iTunes library on your MacBook (if you happen to have it along) and stream just about anything to the Apple TV.

You could buy just about ANY wireless N router...so between the Apple TV, router and an HDMI adapter you would have less than $200 invested.

If you get a new projector it probably has HDMI inputs.

You can't stream a presentation.

OP
R

richaltieri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks people for your input. Think I understand the Apple TV approach but I don't always have WIFI where I do presentations so that one is not viable for me. Don't understand what Jail Break means so I will google and learn. Thanks for your help and will leave post in case someone comes across with other ideas.

I was hoping for an app or device that would allow the Ipad to connect wirelessly directly to the projector unit. Have seen wireless projectors for couple thousand dollars and one adapter that could be connected but don't think Ipad is able to connect. Might be my lack of understanding the technology.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
The only solution I can think of is to jailbreak then use veency to set up a VNC server on your iPad then log in to it from a desktop plugged into a projector, you can control it from the iPad and show it with the projector....bluetooth solution tho....not that I've seen or heard of....on either end. None for the iPad, nor is there anyway to access an iPad screen (or a laptop or PC for that matter) over BT.

hey great solution..will try it too and let you know the feedback.. :)

Jon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting

Quite curious to what solution you test and how it works out :)

Please share

Thank you

/Jon Angelo

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume that Macs can set up an Ad Hoc network, as PCs can. If that's true you should be able to connect the MacBook to the projector and use the iPad and a remote desktop application like Jump Desktop, via the ad hoc wireless network, to control the MacBook (and thereby) the presentation.

On site prep would be connecting to the projector and switching the network settings on the iPad and MacBook.

wi2tv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi2TV's WiPd2 sends everything from iPad2 wireless to TV

See the video for Wi2TV's WiPd2 sends everything from iPad2 wireless to TV

theaxlenut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an old question but here is my approach. I do technical presentations on the road. Carrying projectors and laptop and wireless presenter is not always an option. I use an App called Two Screens on my iPad. I can load PDF presentations into it, Powerpoints, Pages, Keynote, etc. into the app. Hook up the iPad with the VGA adapter to a projector, computer monitor or big presentation screen with VGA inputs. the Two Screens app has a sister app for the iPhone 4 which acts as the remote to control the iPad. you can advance slides, even has a large arrow you can manipulate on the phone which appears on screen. I use a lot of wiring diagrams and logic schematics which can be traced out with an arrow on screen, all manipulated from your phone. Whatever you have on the big screen, you can see the same on your phone. Very cool app. Both will run you about ten dollars. Well worth it.

bobjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that's going to work. Lots of outfits have tried wireless PC to TV solutions and they don't have much range and require a ton of software to run. In the end you get choppy so-so video and audio. Intel now has WiDi built into their new i series chips and all you need is a receiver at your TV. Your best bet is a cable solution.

sugiberkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this product can be used to send picture to TV wirelessly,

Product ID:LA-iTV01
Product Name:Wirelessly stream audio and video iPad / iPhone to TV

search in lapara.com.tw

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts