What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post iPad Cases That Look Amazing!

iPad 2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured this could be fun and might give users a few ideas for cases that aren't just a big block of black rubber. So post some cases that don't look like car tyres! :)

I guess I'll start! This [shill links deleted - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No keyboard than this is my thing lol
I have Oberon cover on the nook,but I dont want to end 150 on a cover that doesn't cover everything

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the handmade-to-order Oberon Design folio I have. Has been known to cause accidents.

5921.jpg

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guys how is the gel silicone cover from AMZER?? has anyone seen or used it??

51F7fcl9KWL._SL160_.jpg

7c830__51jv2uDAYNL._SL160_.jpg

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same scary nite Oberon cover but for my nook,I. Love it,I had the red roses and traded for the blue.I'm selling the nook
So allas I'll be selling that cover as well as two other cheaper covers,shoo I might as well sell all three to a nook owner.yes I know this is an iPad forum lol...just that I do know Oberon n they are a wonderful company.I wish their cases were cheaer,I'd buy another one for the pad.They have purpe but i wish they had pink butterfly".......lol

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nancybout said:
just that I do know Oberon n they are a wonderful company.I wish their cases were cheaer,I'd buy another one for the pad.They have purpe but i wish they had pink butterfly".......lol

I don't think Oberon could price their items any lower, because of their business model: all their items are handmade to order using top-grain leather. This is the best quality of the hide, which takes the longest amount of effort and time to cure and dye in preparation for manufacturing. Each item is handmade to order, which means they do not have economies of scale or efficiency you'd find, say, in a factory production line which can ramp up or down quantities to meet demand - if a craftsman can make that many cases in a day, then he can only make that many. More orders arriving than that and there'd be a backlog. With Oberon, you are paying for and getting quality in the material and workmanship, and not just merely for the reputation of the 'brand' like, say, Kate Spade or Montblanc or LV etc.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I don't think Oberon could price their items any lower, because of their business model: all their items are handmade to order using top-grain leather. This is the best quality of the hide, which takes the longest amount of effort and time to cure and dye in preparation for manufacturing. Each item is handmade to order, which means they do not have economies of scale or efficiency you'd find, say, in a factory production line which can ramp up or down quantities to meet demand - if a craftsman can make that many cases in a day, then he can only make that many. More orders arriving than that and there'd be a backlog. With Oberon, you are paying for and getting quality in the material and workmanship, and not just merely for the reputation of the 'brand' like, say, Kate Spade or Montblanc or LV etc.

I am aware:) I bought one for the nook lol..I have the zagg,and two other covers.Oh I LOVE LV btw:) Kate Spade too but I chased Oberon cover over the Nooks Kate spade cover,it was made soooooooo much better.
For ebooks I find Oberon to work for me,but the IPad I want something different.I watched the video and considered it.:)

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your idea of style is a little less in your face and more of a rustic affair, then you've probably already heard of Saddleback with their awesome line of leather pouches for the iPad 2. These are pretty basic as you can see, but if you don't need all the added features of a stand, why not keep things simple? It surely benefits the whole minimalist cowboy look anyway.
I have and really like their iPad2 case. The leather has a finish that will age and develop character over time.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am aware:) I bought one for the nook lol..I have the zagg,and two other covers.Oh I LOVE LV btw:) Kate Spade too but I chased Oberon cover over the Nooks Kate spade cover,it was made soooooooo much better.
For ebooks I find Oberon to work for me,but the IPad I want something different.I watched the video and considered it.:)

To be honest, the Oberon iPad 2 cover is a totaly non-starter for me, because it does not have the rear camera port or magnetic activation. No matter how great it looks, a case which inhbits the functionality of the device is a poor design - it's like driving a Mercedes but you can only get in and out through the sunroof. We also know that in this instance, Oberon were rushing to get the case out to market, in view of strong demand from customers who were willing for forgo the functionality for beauty.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
To be honest, the Oberon iPad 2 cover is a totaly non-starter for me, because it does not have the rear camera port or magnetic activation. No matter how great it looks, a case which inhbits the functionality of the device is a poor design - it's like driving a Mercedes but you can only get in and out through the sunroof. We also know that in this instance, Oberon were rushing to get the case out to market, in view of strong demand from customers who were willing for forgo the functionality for beauty.

I agree with you,I wonder how they expect to sell the IPad 2 covers??
I also prefer other methods of propping the iPad...their elastics do need replacing.I may try to trAde nook covers for a different design.....I traded my red roses n now miss it.
If I wasn't sooo sick of black,I would order the new nook,get another cover for it.I think they arr the best dresser covers....beautiful work.
I love talking accessories lol....and anybody see the Bella Borsa iPad bags ....and I think men should carry them too lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:

I love my new bag....and it's biggggg btw,and here is my iPad lol all colorful for summertime!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you,I wonder how they expect to sell the IPad 2 covers?? I also prefer other methods of propping the iPad...their elastics do need replacing.I may try to trAde nook covers for a different design.....I traded my red roses n now miss it.

I think many of them are existing customers, whom I guess are happy/willing to sacrifice some device functionality to own another Oberon item.

Most reactions

Latest posts