What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting a thread to get an idea of what third party cases are out there. Please tell me what kind of case you got, why you got it and if you could please post a link to the website. I am looking for a case that acts like a smart cover and protects the back with multiple angles of viewing. I am looking at the targus 360 degree case but I'm not too keen on the looks so some other options would be great. Thanks in advance.

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've personally only seen two in person. One was the smart cover that I purchased. I also played around with the Griffin slim portfolio case that was in Best Buy. It was only $35 but the leather seemed pretty cheap.

OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How happy with the smart cover are you? Would you way I should get it or wait until something better comes out?

OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seems to be how everyone is feeling so it looks like I am going to wait.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mklooster said:
That seems to be how everyone is feeling so it looks like I am going to wait.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. As time goes on the selection will increase, so you'll have a greater choice.

OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking too, I am considering getting a neoprene case to carry it from place to place with so I can protect it for a cheap price when it's most vulnerable because when it's in my hands i won't be letting go of it. :)

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus THZ044US VuScape Protective Cover and Stand for iPad 2.
39.99 plus tax at Best Buy. Full protection of display, back and corners ... built in stand with 3 setup angles. Cutout are perfect for access to controls, etc.
First class case that has professional look and feel. Provides EZ hold and setup.
One of the best on the market.

Originally I wanted the Smart Cover from Apple (Blue) ... out of stock when we got our iPad2. Wanted protection immediately.
Having read lots of comments on several forums, I decided the Targus is better. Much better protection. Stand is more stable. Setups faster. Cover doesn't get in the way while holding it in Portrait position (I use the typing angle... works slick). I will be adding a magnet for on/off (a DYI project). I have 30 days to evaluate. Will wait to modify.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
Targus THZ044US VuScape Protective Cover and Stand for iPad 2.
39.99 plus tax at Best Buy. Full protection of display, back and corners ... built in stand with 3 setup angles. Cutout are perfect for access to controls, etc.
First class case that has professional look and feel. Provides EZ hold and setup.
One of the best on the market.

Originally I wanted the Smart Cover from Apple (Blue) ... out of stock when we got our iPad2. Wanted protection immediately.
Having read lots of comments on several forums, I decided the Targus is better. Much better protection. Stand is more stable. Setups faster. Cover doesn't get in the way while holding it in Portrait position (I use the typing angle... works slick). I will be adding a magnet for on/off (a DYI project). I have 30 days to evaluate. Will wait to modify.

That case is pretty slick, I decided to order a cheap case off of eBay for now until I have more options available.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my smart cover THAT'S why I'm having such difficulty finding a case that's compatible with it. I want something Sleek and Chic!! I love the Dodo books. However, I received a response from a forum member who stated that might not be in my best interest to make that purchase mainly due to it's like of protection. So in the meantime, I went to Brookstone and purchased what looks JUST LIKE a "dayrunner" (remember those calendar/planners?) to temporarily keep my iPad safe. My ideal case would be:

COMPATIBLE with the smart cover
Encased in a "binder/book"
camera slots

Anyone know if this one exists???

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a navy leather smart cover and installed clear bodyguardz on the back I also bought a Targus Hughes brown leather case. At Best Buy it was only 30 bucks. I think it is a great combo. Only downside is I cannot charge it while in the Targus case.
Charlie

hjsimpson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally purchased the Apple smart cover to protect it until more options became available.

I have since then replaced it with a Targus 360, and I do have to say I am extremely pleased with the quality, amount protection it provides and the ability to view in portrait mode. It is slightly thicker than most portfolio type cases but I'm used to a laptop and its still much lighter.

The only thing I wish it had were magnets to keep the cover closed rather than the elastic strap.

IMO

Most reactions

Latest posts