What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a pic of your Lock Screen and Home Screen!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you can do as leelai suggested (make the icons wiggle and then take a screenshot after you've swiped to an empty page), there is a way, in iOS 6 and 7, to make the first page of your iPad blank.

All you have to do is move all your icons to your page two (and beyond). Once you've finished moving icons (stop them wiggling), the empty first page will stay empty.

I discovered this by accident just a few months ago. I was told that it was also present on iOS 6. Either way, it is pretty cool as I can see my homescreen best this way.

And, my bar at the bottom (being lighter than normal) is because I have jail broken my iPad Air. And, I've installed a tweak called "Dockshift" that allows me to change the opacity, translucency and blurriness of that bar. Heck, I can even make it fully transparent! The key is: it can't be doneon a stock device. Sorry.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back on topic :))), here's my new lockscreen picture:

e8uta7yp.jpg

Just had to show it off as, IMNSHO, the picture is awesome! :D

Marilyn

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Back on topic :))), here's my new lockscreen picture:

e8uta7yp.jpg

Just had to show it off as, IMNSHO, the picture is awesome! :D

Marilyn

With all that jailbreak customizations, plus that wallpaper.........

Can someone please explain to me if its possible to have a lock screen as beautiful as that? I think it broke the law of physics.

Can I have a copy of that background?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While you can do as leelai suggested (make the icons wiggle and then take a screenshot after you've swiped to an empty page), there is a way, in iOS 6 and 7, to make the first page of your iPad blank.

Marilyn

Thanks for letting me know! I had a feeling that the device would have to be jail broken in order to get rid of the grey bar! I'm tempted but it sounds like a lot of work ( as much as I HATE the grey bar ) I don't think I have enough time left to make it worth while.
Thanks again for letting me know! I truly appreciate the time you took to explain it to me. :);) Diane,

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! I had a feeling that the device would have to be jail broken in order to get rid of the grey bar! I'm tempted but it sounds like a lot of work ( as much as I HATE the grey bar ) I don't think I have enough time left to make it worth while.
Thanks again for letting me know! I truly appreciate the time you took to explain it to me. :);) Diane,
Also, major kudo's on your screen shot,
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! I had a feeling that the device would have to be jail broken in order to get rid of the grey bar! I'm tempted but it sounds like a lot of work ( as much as I HATE the grey bar ) I don't think I have enough time left to make it worth while. Thanks again for letting me know! I truly appreciate the time you took to explain it to me. :);) Diane, :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2
Diane, if it's grey, go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Increase Contrast, and disable Reduce Transparency. Then it will look more like this:

image-1067841822.jpg

At the moment my homescreen on iPad Air. I'm looking for a better picture.

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, almost birthday girl! I wonder what I could possibly give to a smarty pants like you? :);) :);)

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, that is better. Not as good as yours but at least it's blue now! THANKS!!!! :);). :);)
BTW I love your new screen shot!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
e3yse7a8.jpg

I think it's better than the grey bar! Thanks! What do you think! Any difference ? Squib

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
7ypa7e6a.jpg

Sorry I took a shot of the wrong screen! How about this one? Better?

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts