1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 - strange (software bug?) problem with lock-screen button

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iPadUsah, May 9, 2013.

1. iPadUsah

iPadUsah iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All!

I have an iPad 2 and i think there's something wrong with its lock-screen button.
    As far as i know, 1 tap on that button should lock and turn off the screen but it doesn't work on my iPad.
    I thought "OK, it seems that button is dead"... but NO! It works because when i hold the button bit longer, iOS asks me to slide the bar in order to turn my device off.
    I have also tried locking my screen by "software" button available in AssesiveTouch but it doesn't work either.
    Just to add - I have tried to reset my iPad, restore iOS from the beginning and it didn't work.

The only way to lock it is to set the auto-lock to turn the screen off after few minutes.
    I forgot to add that screenshot (home+lock-screen) works without any problem.

Do you maybe know what's happening?
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,853 / 1
    Hi there, welcome to iPF!
    Sorry, I can't tell you what's happening.
    I see that you already reset your iPad and set up as new. Perhaps you should bring it to Apple for a check.