What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a pic of your Lock Screen and Home Screen!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless its samsungs galaxy series it totally sucks. I will get myself a nexus 5 or htc one (M8).

Do you mean all of those ads are true? WOW! This comes from someone who has never owned a cell phone!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How much is it worth to you to change it? Make sure what you replace it with does what you want it to! I don't mean to sound like a Mom, or such. I'm just saying I have done things for one reason and ended up with a different problem I hadn't anticipate. If you are sure of what you want GO FOR IT!!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

I'm not changing anything. I am getting an android phone because I don't have a phone.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you mean all of those ads are true? WOW! This comes from someone who has never owned a cell phone!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

I'm not saying that all those ads are true. I owned I cellphone, it just got stolen. I managed to get my hands on a samsung galaxy phone. A S4 because the S5 isn't available in my country. I just compared it to an S2 and S3, which I find faster. As the S4 lags frequently. Still usable, but slow.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is nothing in particular wrong with the top brand Android phones. I'd probably go for a Nexus or HTC if didn't happen to like the iPhone better; and like having the extra compatibility between it and my iPad and Mac.

The new Windows 8.1 phones are looking pretty good too, and getting good reviews; though they are still far behind iOS and Android when ti comes to available apps.

I'm sure you have more reasons than not liking the whiteness to be thinking Android, but I'll point out two things anyway. One, the white on the smaller iPhone screen is not as overwhelming as it is on an iPad's screen. Two, iOS 7.1 gives you the ability to tone the white down a couple notches. It's under Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce White Point.

I know you were jailbroken for a while. I you no longer are and have upgraded to the latest iOS version, give it a try and see if you like it better.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is nothing in particular wrong with the top brand Android phones. I'd probably go for a Nexus or HTC if didn't happen to like the iPhone better; and like having the extra compatibility between it and my iPad and Mac.

The new Windows 8.1 phones are looking pretty good too, and getting good reviews; though they are still far behind iOS and Android when ti comes to available apps.

I'm sure you have more reasons than not liking the whiteness to be thinking Android, but I'll point out two things anyway. One, the white on the smaller iPhone screen is not as overwhelming as it is on an iPad's screen. Two, iOS 7.1 gives you the ability to tone the white down a couple notches. It's under Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce White Point.

I know you were jailbroken for a while. I you no longer are and have upgraded to the latest iOS version, give it a try and see if you like it better.

Nah I stopped using jailbreak. I lost cydia, again. I'm gonna give it a 3rd try when someone makes a jailbreak for it. But I won't hope for a jailbreak to be released.

I did not like the S4, but I heard the S5 was way better than it, but it has some lags. I guess thst good rather than the S4 that lags everytime. I heard that Nexus 5 is a good budget phone, so I may get it instead of an htc one M8

The reduce white point helped a little. Still though its painful to the eyes, especially when it is surronding a color. Especially in game center, notes, settings, and photos.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, y'all, please. This thread is for pictures of your home screens and lock screens.

Let's bring it back on topic, m'kay? :)

Thanks.

Marilyn

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, Mickey, how do you like my new pop and fizzle blue background for my home screen? Just curious :);) squib.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I like it!

Just ... I likes my kitty cat more. ;)

zy5ybe2e.jpg

Marilyn

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I LOVE BOTH OF THOSE TWO!!! Very nice.

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Marilyn, how did you get a screen shot without all of the icons? Abab how did you get the grey bar to dissolve?

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn, how did you get a screen shot without all of the icons? Abab how did you get the grey bar to dissolve? :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2

Hi Squib!

I'm not sure how Marilyn has done it....I'll let her answer you on that one.

But if you press on an app until it jiggles you can then go to the next empty screen and take a screen shot of it. (provided you haven't used all your screens that is)

image-210887915.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks!, I'm still a bit dopey! Slept for a whole week! All that fun with my BFF took a LOT out of me! All the bad stuff and now I'm full of good stuff! :);) :);)

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
atyzymas.jpg

I think you are right! Wow, now if I could just get rid of that grey band! :);) thanks, leelai

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are right! Wow, now if I could just get rid of that grey band! :);) thanks, leelai :) Peace begins with a smile :) - Mother Teresa. iPad 2

You're welcome!

Oh....I wasn't sure what you meant by that.

Go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Increase Contrast and turn off Reduce Transparency

That should do it for you!!

I'd like to see your screen again after you do it. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts