What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pogo, Stylis or Whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the targus from best buy as well. Unfortunately it's only 3 weeks old and the rubber tip has developed a tear. Not sure if it's just a defect or what. I bought another one cause I liked the feel so much. If this one doesn't last longer than 3 weeks, I'll be rather disappointed :)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Was Wondering How Long It Would Last...

I have the targus from best buy as well. Unfortunately it's only 3 weeks old and the rubber tip has developed a tear. Not sure if it's just a defect or what. I bought another one cause I liked the feel so much. If this one doesn't last longer than 3 weeks, I'll be rather disappointed :)

I hope mine last longer than three weeks! I like this stylus because it doesn't leave finger prints. The sausage stylus looks intriguing but I can't imagine using them in a staff meeting with my iPad and still keep any respect I might still have with my totally intel/microsoft is the only business solution oriented colleagues.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, and especially MattIM for the screen shot. Been to Best-Buy three times and each time they tell me on the truck tomorrow. Ho-Hum! Typical for Best Buy. Some times I wonder how they stay in business.

Fingers are good, but in this case not for shaky hands

Jer (male counterpart of the jerliz duo)

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would say take it back. Three weeks is ridiculous! Best Buy has beat me out of so much money with reneging on their warranties, I say if it doesn't hold up, especially in such a sort time, get your money back or a replacement

Jer (male half of the jerliz combo)

afknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced my box wave stylus with one from Just Mobile. It writes very smoothly. It is a little wider in circumference which i like but it doesn't have a clip on it which means you have to carry it loose in your pocket which I don't like. However it writes very well and that's what I need it to do.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone make an iPad stylus that is more the length of an actual pen?
The styli I have found to date are all unnaturally short and just don't sit well in my hand.

afknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Griffin Technology. They have one that has a clip and looks like a pen. It cost $19.99 and it has replaced my Just Mobile pen as of today.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is the same stylus available as a

Check out Griffin Technology. They have one that has a clip and looks like a pen. It cost $19.99 and it has replaced my Just Mobile pen as of today.

Targus product from Best Buy. See picture previously posted earlier in this thread. I don't know if you are in the USA, or where you are in the USA (since you priced this stylus in the common American practice of just stating the $ symbol without a sovereign mark, i.e., US$). The Targus product from Best Buy does not have a name on it.

I haven't visited the Sears store in my town, but if they offer the same Targus/Griffin product for US$9.99, I'm going to buy a couple more of these as stocking stuffers!

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Griffin, Targus and Boxwave are all the same rebranded stylus.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the Pogo Sketch stylus for five months.
After seeing this thread, I decided to buy a Targus (Future Shop in Canada, 19.99) stylus. Here's what I think...

The Targus stylus is slightly shorter (approx half an inch) and thicker. I wish it was longer and narrower like the Pogo Sketch.
The tip of the Targus is better than the "foam tip" of the Pogo Sketch. It glides better on the screen.
After using the Targus for a few hours, I think I prefer the Targus, but it's not a night-and-day difference. If it had the same rubber tip, but a smaller diameter like the Pogo Sketch, it would probably be the perfect stylus (the fact that it's wide makes it difficult to be precise/accurate).
I also wish the rubber tip was a bit more rigid, a bit less flexible.

Last edited:

miky2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the first day forward I found the hands and fingers of a 72 year old too unsteady for the iPad. Someone loaned me a Pogo (I guess that is what it is called) and I found I have the control needed.

Is there one of these devices that is to be preferred over another. I need to return the loaner and would like to buy perhaps several so as to have a spare.

Anyone out there with some suggestions
Jerry

Hi Jerry, I'm Miky2 and just joined here. I posted a, whatever they're called, post, I think, asking if anyone had heard of STYLUS-R-Us because this guy I know mentioned he'd heard they were awesome but I'm trying to find someone who bought from them before I do so I don't waste anymore money. Their site is really wild but who cares as long as their produce is good. I guess if I can[t find anyone I'm going to buy the Roger iWand for my iPad because after watching the youtube videos on their site, omggg. It is unreal. Hopwe this helps.

Cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hiyall

It looks like all of you are going thru what I had to and I'm sure others are too. Buying and trying all of the styluses to see which one works best. I've read all of the comments on this page and I've owned (past tense, they're in the trash now) all of the models everyone of you have mentioned and though some of them are just okay, they are nothing compared to that company called stylus-r-us. I can not figure out what they are using for a tip, but I assure you, you will not believe your eyes once you touch it to an icon. There is no pressure at all required just like they advertise and show in their youtube clips. I have the Roger iWand for my iPad and the Maserati for my iPhone4 and OMG I am so angry I blew all that money on the others. Their web site is a little abnormal, but hey, I'm not going there to buy their site or judge it. Their products are awesome. Hope this helps all of you out. Wish someone had told me of it before I blew all I did. Hey Miky2? Go get one. They are unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts