What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iFaraday Stylus---A Review

m2edumacated

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skylerhagler may have been asking whether the RXII uses what iFaraday calls the "extra firm" tip that's available on some other models. I suggest he drop a line to Rustle at iFaraday to answer that question. In general, I think the "extra firm" tips work better. And as you've discovered you don't have to push down at all on the stylus.

Yup....found that out. By far best stylus and awesome customer service.

skylarhagler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked Rustle and he said its just the normal tip for now. For those of you who have used both tips, should I get the rx2 and use the normal tip or get one of the others to get the extra firm tip?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked Rustle and he said its just the normal tip for now. For those of you who have used both tips, should I get the rx2 and use the normal tip or get one of the others to get the extra firm tip?

I think you'll be fine with the "normal" tip if you can train yourself not to bear down on the stylus like it's a jackhammer (or even a normal ballpoint.) If you've ever used a true fountain pen, the touch required for the stylus is similar. Don't press. Just let the tip contact the screen.

theveganasana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the artists pack and use it for drawing/painting work. Is there enough difference between those styli and the RX II to make it worth the extra expenditure?
TIA

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the artists pack and use it for drawing/painting work. Is there enough difference between those styli and the RX II to make it worth the extra expenditure?
TIA

The screen "action" should be identical, I suspect. Main difference between the artist model and my RX (the previous version of the RX II) is the way it "feels" in the hand, more like a fountain pen compared to the "artist's" thin barrel.

Bridgeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made an account just to post my thoughts of the RxII. I really love this stylus. The tip is much firmer than the RX, which was a little bit of an issue for me since I would write a lot for my classes, but it was manageable. I am accustomed to writing by pressing hard so the RXII is awesome. The weighted barrel is really nice, but it is heavier on the tip side. It was definitely worth the wait. I highly recommend this stylus.

OshCFII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my RxII for about a week now. I really love the way it writes on the iPad. Much less friction than the rubber tipped units like the Boxwave.
I just saw the video Rustle posted for the new Cobra. Very interesting!

Now if only the RxII had the rubberized coating that is shown on the Cobra...

I wonder if I could take the rubber section from a Pilot G2 (my favorite "regular" pen) and put it on the G2... I'll have to try that tonight.

G2

Last edited by a moderator:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just make my own and be my best customer.

Attachments

• image-1997857636.png
    image-1997857636.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 551
Last edited by a moderator:

Jyc23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to necro this thread but ... I just got the SALT model (shallow angle low touch, I think) and am completely blown away at how smooth the "stylus experience" is with it. I previously used a Boxwave stylus which was, at best, somewhat usable, and at worst, a total nightmare.

Most reactions

Latest posts