Please help me

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by bushbush, Sep 21, 2012.

1. bushbush

bushbush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    HiI Im a new ipad user ,, Im recently (( for two days)) facing a new problem when plogg my ipad to the wall outlet adapter it show no charging sign ,,, I left my ipad all the night at the morning noticed that it chargeed 30% ,, but it so slowly ,, when I turned the ipad off to charged it .. It will automatically turned on and show no charging sign again
    Please help me Im so disappoint I need the ipad in my study since Im a pharmacy student please help me quickly. ...

Attached Files:

2. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you using the cable that came with your iPad? As other cables like the one for an iPhone will only trickle charge the iPad.

3. bushbush

bushbush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes im using the orginal one that come with the ipad ,, I also replace the cable with iphone cable ... The same problem
    I also use ipad charger to charge iphone it charge with out any issue

4. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    An iPhone charger will only trickle charge an iPad but you can use the iPad charger for your iPhone.

I was going to suggest using a different outlet but seeing as it is charging albeit very slowly it doesn't appear to be this.

Reset your iPad and see if this makes a difference. This will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a pc.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

5. bushbush

bushbush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I do that yesterday more than one time .... Nothing change
    Also tried setting .. General ...Reset ... Reset all setting ... Nothing change
    Can it be a battery virus?

6. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No it won't be a virus.....might just be the charger or the port on your iPad. How old is your iPad?

Have a look at the port to make sure nothing has lodged here, don't go sticking anything in there though. If there is something there, be very careful removing it, I have heard of others using a vacuum even.

7. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your iPad may have a defective battery. Is there an Apple Store near you? The staff there can run a diagnostic to determine what the problem is.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

8. bushbush

bushbush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanx for your helping ... There is nothing wrong with the port its as new as the first time
    I bought it a month & half ago

9. bushbush

bushbush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    unfortunately there is no apple store in my country

10. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As your iPad is new and under Warranty I would do what the Admiral suggests and take it into Apple. Make an appointment with the Genius Bar and do a full backup of your iPad before you go, as they will most likely just swap it for another.

Sorry I didn't see your post before I replied. You can get in touch with Apple on the net and they will advise you what to do. Sorry we couldn't help you more here.

http://www.apple.com/contact/
    http://www.apple.com/support/

#10 leelai, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012