What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PKGbackup opens wrong version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodsyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed PKGbackup 5.2.1, but when I open it, it opens 4.0.5c. Anyone know what might cause this? I'm on IOS 4.3.3 with an ipad 2.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are on a very old version of IOS, and the 5.x versions of PKGBackup don't support 4.3.3, therefore it installs the old 4.0.5c client for your OS.

OP
B

bloodsyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the obvious answer to that question, but there were several versions after 4.0.5c that were compatible with ios 4.3.3. Why would it be using such an old version of PKGbackup. I can installed the cracked 5.1.6 version no problem on this ipad, as well as the free 4.3.12. I get that this is there for backwards compatibility, but I get the impression it thinks my ios is older than 4.3.3.

This is right from their website:

1. Q.I recently purchased pkgbackup. When I open Cydia, it Shows me the latest Version, 4.2.10, As installed. But when opening the program itself, it says Version 4.0.5c in the Upper right corner.
  2. R.All new features of v4.2.x for ONLY available on FW 4.x+
If you really pay attention to what its say, it says the 4.2.x should work on ios 4.x+. ios 4.3.3 should fall under that category, and get the 4.2.x features, not the 4.0.5c features. Would you agree or am I missing something there?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You were doing fine until you mentioned installing cracked (read: pirated) versions of PKGBackup.

This forum does not condone piracy nor any discussions thereof. Not only is piracy against this forum's rules, it's illegal.

You'll receive no more assistance here. This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts