What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal trainers and ipads

Ultraman49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys im a personal trainer and i decided to get an ipad to help me with work and logging clients workouts, ive already purchased the offcial apple apps such as pages, inumbers and keynote, which i have already found uses for, but id love to download an app which could help me a keep a log of thier workouts, i see ifitness seems to be a popular workout log app but im wondering does it log workouts for more than one person and if not are there any out there that do as it would save me heaps of time doing stuff in inumbers :)

Thanks all!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ultraman,

I haven't found an app that can create individual exercise logs, yet. However, some of the reviews of these two apps sound like OT may have some of those features. Gymgoal and Gymbuddy.

image-1948575008.jpg

image-2264523594.jpg

One way I had thought of was to create a PDF copy of a blank Exercise log sheet, which you could than type out the exercises and the number of reps performed/client seen. You would need an app to annotate your pdf...or if you have pages, create copies of your blank exercise sheet for each client. I realize that this is similar to what you might be doing as well, but just wanted to add to it.

Also, I am going to move this to the Health section.

Thanks.

Blue iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys im a personal trainer and i decided to get an ipad to help me with work and logging clients workouts, ive already purchased the offcial apple apps such as pages, inumbers and keynote, which i have already found uses for, but id love to download an app which could help me a keep a log of thier workouts, i see ifitness seems to be a popular workout log app but im wondering does it log workouts for more than one person and if not are there any out there that do as it would save me heaps of time doing stuff in inumbers :)

Thanks all!

I took a look at iFitness and it will allow them ( your clients ) to keep track of what they do, but it is designed to replace your job as well. :eek:
The iNumbers app is very general, and not targeted to fitness at all.

But I had an idea... you could keep track of them with an RSS feed. Using twitter, they could update their profiles and you could have the updates sent to one web page. Let me know if you are interested, because I liked the idea myself. :)

Dontae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would need an app to annotate your pdf...or if you have webpages, make duplicates of your empty work out piece for each customer. I understand that this is just like what you might be doing as well, but just desired to add to it.

NoDaysOff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using The Training Notebook. Its pretty good. I've been using it for a few months now. I can set up a new client, take fitness assessments, create custom training programs, and store photos of my clients so I can show them how they're progressing over time. And the training timer with presets works pretty well too. Looks like it made by someone who actually uses it. There's a website for it to check it out.

<Please, no external links>

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NoDaysOff said:
I've been using The Training Notebook. Its pretty good. I've been using it for a few months now. I can set up a new client, take fitness assessments, create custom training programs, and store photos of my clients so I can show them how they're progressing over time. And the training timer with presets works pretty well too. Looks like it made by someone who actually uses it. There's a website for it to check it out.

<Please, no external links>

Please no external links allowed.

7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is if they are paying to do so. The forum owners are the only ones able to make this decision.

13.2. If you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

andreracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Lumon Fit.

Description

LUMON FIT has created a totally innovative product that will increase efficiency and level of service while simultaneously decreasing injury within wellness facilities. An intelligent logarithm containing over 6000 entries will transform the way patients are assessed, trained, and rehabilitated. Based on precise, thorough scientific research, this application provides instantaneous data analysis and seamless automatic calculations. Convenient, extensive, and highly modifiable, this time-saving app is an irreplaceable companion for wellness professionals, trainers, physical therapists and chiropractors to use every day.

This app allows you to:

- Store very detailed patient/client data (incl. Par-Q and medical information)
- Access 40 assessment templates (including posture, flexibility, cardiovascular, body composition, body dimensions, balance, muscle strength, and agility) and use them as your guide to patient assessment
- Reference an exercise library with over 500 exercises
- Create your own exercises and add them to the library for future use (including taken photos and linked videos)
- Automatically generate rehabilitation/exercise prescription suggestions and precautions based on assessment results
- Link your generated programs with YouTube videos for presentation purposes
- Take “before” and “after” pictures of assessment tasks and compare results
- Generate extremely detailed and explanatory progress reports within seconds (print or email)
- Generate take-home rehab and exercise programs for your clients (including videos of routines)
- Add feedback within the application to constantly improve the product
- Schedule seminars with a LUMON FIT representative for detailed explanation of all the product’s functions

Other Features
- Calendar integration (Lumon Fit will schedule all your clients appointments for you)
- Reassessment reminders
- Intelligent exercise charts
- Electronic signatures for all documentation
- Wireless printing and emailing forms, data, or templates
- iCloud integration (never lose you patient’s info)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Andreracer: Thanks for telling people about the app you use.

However, please be aware that (1) we've deleted a duplicate post you've made about this item in another thread and (2) we do not allow links to business web sites.

Your post has been edited accordingly. Thank you.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts