What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Pages" and other Word Processor Apps

Nothgual

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post. I recently aquired "Cloudon", a word processor app that connects to drop box. I wanted to use this app at school where there is no internet connection. However, to use Cloudon, you must be signed in to the internet. I noticed that many Mac word processors for the Ipad, including Pages, connects to ICloud. Can Pages work if it is not signed in to the internet and save without ICloud, or do you know of any word processor app for the IPad that can be used without an internet connection?

Thanks for any answers I recieve!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I have Pages on my iPad 2 and can use the app w/o an internet connection, so this would not be a limitation for you to use the app @ school. Of course, Wi-Fi would be needed to print (FingerPrint works well for me w/ my non-AirPrint Canon Pixma printer) and for other purposes (e.g. wireless backup as you mention).

Also checkout THIS THREAD on Office Apps comparison - may help in your decision - good luck!

AdamSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open Office can be saved local on the iPad and then uploaded to dropbox manually when you do get to a Wi-fi point so that could be a viable option for you as well!

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open Office can be saved local on the iPad and then uploaded to dropbox manually when you do get to a Wi-fi point so that could be a viable option for you as well!

I don't see Open Office available at the iTunes store.

Most reactions

Latest posts