What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word Processor App

AndyNZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Punters, Can anybody suggest a good word processor App for my ipad mini. A mini program like Microsoft Word would be great.
I had a look at Pages App at the itunes store but there was some not so good feed back posted on this App.
Cheers

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Andy.... - welcome to the forum! :) I'm a BIG fan of NZ Sauvignon Blancs!

My recommendation is Pages (have it on 2 iPads and a new iMac) - and it is indeed a 'mini program' like Word - the desktop version is MUCH more powerful and is more like the MS version - keep in mind that these iPad office apps (others in iWork are Numbers & Keynote) do not come near the depth, power, nor the features of their OS X programs. Now there are many others (just go to the app store & search on 'word processors' or 'office apps') - I've not used other word processor apps, so hopefully others will chime in w/ comments. Also curious what the 'feedback' was that seemed to turn you off to Pages? Good luck in your choice(s)!

OP
A

AndyNZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi giradman,
Thanks for your reply and helpful comments.
I thought it might be best to download Pages 09 onto my iMac and use the programme between my iMac and ipad mini but as I am running 10.6.8 on my iMac this is not possible for my software version so the Apple man said.
The feed back wasn't too positive on the download page for Pages 09 for ipad so thats what made me click away and consider other options.
So I just might download Pages 09 to my ipad mini and search other options for my iMac. I might be a bit of "a stick in the mud" but I prefer to only have Apple software on my Apple machines.
It would be interesting to read comments on that statement.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts