What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pad screen covers a must.?

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In think they diminish the feel
Go naked!!!:D

I protect the back and use a smart cover. No film on screen.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they degrade the iPad touch experience. If fingerprints are a bother, a microfiber cloth cleans them up easily, once or twice a day. A soft wet cloth may be used to get rid of tough prints or smudgtes.
Still a bother, get a nice slippery stylus. I got one on ebay for 11 cents shipped! It came with an earphone plug and cable, so that it is always close and doesn't get lost.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have three without covers, two since last spring and no marks despite heavy usage by all the family.

Screens are pretty mark resistant as long as you check your fingers before use. Only a sharp edge or grit will cause a mark.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a RadTech antiglare the other week and I like it. It does dull the screen a little bit but it doesn't bother me. It has kind of a matted feel to it when moving your finger across the screen but it doesn't feel sticky or anything and your finger glides across it smoothly. The main reason I got it was because the finger prints on the bare screen were driving me nuts. There are no liquids for applying it but you better have some patience as it takes a little while to put it on and you will have to do a little peeling back to get dust off. They have an application video on their website which gives you a good idea of what to expect. You get two screens and a cloth with your order... at least I did.

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed screen protection on my new iPad when I first received it, but took it off several days later. I didn't like the feel or look. Naked seems to be the best way to go, in my opinion.

Most reactions

Latest posts