What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An recommendation for Smart cover compatible back cover?

Tonycs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your looking for something that works with the smart cover, does not add a lot of bulk and fits snug and secure, then get yourself a Switcheasy Coverback. I got the clear one and you can see my Gelaskins graphics through it. Even getting tossed and slid about by a toddler at home has done no damage to the back. I can just pop off the Switcheasy and the back is all new and clean again.

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about 15 cases, all the way from a true carbon fiber DRO concepts covers to many bookcase portenzo type cases. I think my Zum/Poly/icarbons smart cover is about the best combo I own. I travel for a living and make about 10 flights/hotels a month.

1. the smartcover is the most thin, precision cover I own. fits perfectly and is handy in all situations. Both cover and zum fit precisely.
2. the Zum protects the back and locks cover on. Also very easy to take off without "wearing" edges so long term the fit suffers. I have this in a lot of other cases/covers - take them out every day, and the "nubs" or whatever holds it in, wear down. Not so with Zum.
3. the combo of the two lets the ipad slide in an out of my timbuk2/waterfield bags better than other bulky or sticky cases. This is huge when you are retrieving from under air seats.

I'm done buying until the ipad3. I need to garage sale my other cases...
85d18821.jpg

9523e51d.jpg

childoftheko4n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is your people's experiences with the smart cover leaving/not leaving scratch marks on the side of the iPad? I have seen a lot of people say both ways. Thinking of going the smart cover + back cover route that locks it in place to prevent any possible scratching.

Thanks!

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
childoftheko4n said:
What is your people's experiences with the smart cover leaving/not leaving scratch marks on the side of the iPad? I have seen a lot of people say both ways. Thinking of going the smart cover + back cover route that locks it in place to prevent any possible scratching.

Thanks!

I have a protect skin on the back of my iPad so no scratches at all and the smart cover still holds on really tight.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
childoftheko4n said:

Thanks!

I put transparent tape on the side of the iPad. I take it off monthly and reapply so the adhesive doesn't stick with no hope of removal.

docprego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised one of these skin companies hasn't come out with Smart Cover strips to eliminate the possibility of scratching. They could fit only under the magnetic strip and would be easily removable with no residue left behind.

Most reactions

Latest posts