What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay ~. NOW I wish....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing there.:(. When I open DB here on my iPad, all that is there is steps to get started.

But all the files are in DB on my desktop. How come they are not showing up here, in DB?

Talk to me, guys. What am I missing?:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shitums. I must be missing a step somewhere. I checked and I have all the files in DB on my desktop and it tells me that "now all your files are in all your boxes on all your computers"

umm...can we say hell no they are not! Lol! Perhaps I have to send them here? From there?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man-scratching-head.jpg

Hmmm.... I just put a .pdf into dropbox (from my PC) and was able to open it on my iPad so I am not exactly sure what could be going on in Sacramento without being there to see it.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's there!! Or here!! Maybe it takes awhile. Patience is NOT one of my virtues, trust me.:eek:

Or maybe I didn't complete the set up....who the knows. But it is here now!

Scott, how are you doing? What would I do without you?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shitums. I must be missing a step somewhere. I checked and I have all the files in DB on my desktop and it tells me that "now all your files are in all your boxes on all your computers"

umm...can we say hell no they are not! Lol! Perhaps I have to send them here? From there?

Are you sure you opened your db app to the right file where you stored your uploaded files? Look in the top left corner for clues.
Also, work in landscape view to see everything together, file org. And document view.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm doing fine... considering its summer here in "flyover country". When its not 100°F outside, it is storming. Ya just can't win! My company has an opening in Sacramento, but I am not quite sure I am ready to pack it all up and move!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you opened your db app to the right file where you stored your uploaded files? Look in the top left corner for clues.

Also, work in landscape view to see everything together, file org. And document view.

Who knows what I did. With me anything is possible, iVan.:). I am always in landscape, that is the one with the bigger key board, right? The team app only allowed me to view their app in portrait view.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add but to say I love reading your exchanges, always entertaining!

Mine? Well I am very glad I could entertain you! Thank you.:)

I think.:eek:

LOL I ,
Mean that in a good way. Glad you're getting Dropbox to work for you! I've just started using it myself to share items among work computers and home computers. Gotta put it on iPad now I guess. :p

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And if you want to EDIT those docs that you now have in Dropbox on the iPad, the app Documents To Go (Premium) has Dropbox capabilities. With Docs2Go, you can:
create/edit .doc, .xls and I think Pagesdocs too
view pdf, .ppt

I only have the regular version (not Premium), so I only sync with my laptop when I'm at home over wifi.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My company has an opening in Sacramento, but I am not quite sure I am ready to pack it all up and move!

How fun would that be I ask you!

So ~ some of my documents won't open in Pages, so I can edit them, but DB offers alternative apps to open them.

But there is always a catch, is there not? I chose one for .99 and it doesn't let you edit it! Lol! Only view it. What the hell?

They played me!

I must get UP and do some work on my real computer!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if you want to EDIT those docs that you now have in Dropbox on the iPad, the app Documents To Go (Premium) has Dropbox capabilities. With Docs2Go, you can:
create/edit .doc, .xls and I think Pagesdocs too
view pdf, .ppt

I only have the regular version (not Premium), so I only sync with my laptop when I'm at home over wifi.

Oh. Cool. It it free? I have Pages but not all would open for some reason. Thanks. You are always there. Here. Lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts