What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Many Questions to be answered please :)

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i have quite a few questions that i need to be answered before i can get the new iPad :comingsoon:, so your help would be much appreciated!
1. Would i be able to do all my homework on it, basically writing up things and is it easy to do?
2. Which app which is most like Microsoft office, is the best?
3. Do you have an idea when Microsoft office will come to the iPad, if it does?
4. What case do you think is best - i was thinking about the DODOCase, is this good?
5. What stylus is the best for drawing? (preferably fine tipped)
6. Is the apple keyboard the best keyboard to get?
7. Will i be able to print to a HP Wireless Photosmart B109?
8. Is an iPad, going to be able to replace my laptop, basically just homework and internet?
9. Is the iPad's browser the same speed as my laptops?
10. Will 32GB be enough for me?
11. Whats the best note-taking app?

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
1) yup. Tons of note taking (freehand and typing) apps out there, all beautifully crafted to do everything you need.
2) I personally use Office2HD. Fully ms compatible. But there are others like Apple's Numbers suite, Docs2go, QuickOffice etc etc
But why not use ms office itself? Look up CloudOn
3) should be pretty imminent. But how long? Who knows. Try CloudOn in the mean time.
4) cases are very personal and subjective. Personally, I like my iPad as exposed as possible, so the Apple leather s,art case does me
5) probably the best stylus on the market is the Wacom one.
6) it's a mighty fine keyboard. I prefer it. But there are several on the market. Look at Zagg. That's a nice case/keyboard combined.
7) I don't think the 109 prints directly over the air waves from the iPad (my 110 does) but there's enough connectivity apps available for it.
8) yes. It replaced mine for business use.
9) should be. It's pretty blisteringly fast.
10) depends what you want to do. 32 is the average and suits most fine. Should hold all the media you want. Especially if you regulaly sync with the cloud or your desk top.
11) again, pretty subjective to your needs. Personally, I use upad and notes plus. Great for free hand sketching and keeping folders and projects together and gathering what imagery and info I might want.
For more sketching and free hand, I use BambooPaper. Then for dictatoin into typed text I use Dragon Diction, and for sketched freehand text into typed font I use Memo. Other useful organisers/document readers and homework style apps are Goodreader, DropBox and Planner.

OP
J

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) yup. Tons of note taking (freehand and typing) apps out there, all beautifully crafted to do everything you need.
2) I personally use Office2HD. Fully ms compatible. But there are others like Apple's Numbers suite, Docs2go, QuickOffice etc etc
But why not use ms office itself? Look up CloudOn
3) should be pretty imminent. But how long? Who knows. Try CloudOn in the mean time.
4) cases are very personal and subjective. Personally, I like my iPad as exposed as possible, so the Apple leather s,art case does me
5) probably the best stylus on the market is the Wacom one.
6) it's a mighty fine keyboard. I prefer it. But there are several on the market. Look at Zagg. That's a nice case/keyboard combined.
7) I don't think the 109 prints directly over the air waves from the iPad (my 110 does) but there's enough connectivity apps available for it.
8) yes. It replaced mine for business use.
9) should be. It's pretty blisteringly fast.
10) depends what you want to do. 32 is the average and suits most fine. Should hold all the media you want. Especially if you regulaly sync with the cloud or your desk top.
11) again, pretty subjective to your needs. Personally, I use upad and notes plus. Great for free hand sketching and keeping folders and projects together and gathering what imagery and info I might want.
For more sketching and free hand, I use BambooPaper. Then for dictatoin into typed text I use Dragon Diction, and for sketched freehand text into typed font I use Memo. Other useful organisers/document readers and homework style apps are Goodreader, DropBox and Planner.
Thanks for the really informative reply :)

Most reactions

Latest posts