Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by D_LA_ROC, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysin

Lysin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Why is everyone assuming they are waiting for IOS5?

#11 Lysin, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  2. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think your first query is well covered in the NEWS thread. Did you read that yet? Always read that thread for the facts. There is no reason for the iPad2 JB which Chromic Dev Team are working on to be released after IOS 5 from what we know. The exploit for 4.3 is already patched. Waiting for IOS5 is not logical.
    However, IF there is another jailbreak in the works which is userland exploit based, the developers of that one MAY hold off once they see a beta of IOS IF the same exploit is available and remains unpatched. But that is pure speculation.

And, yes, it is highly likely that your iPad2 will be delivered with 4.3.3. It just depends when it was manufactured, and all current new iPads have 4.3.3 on them.

#12 f4780y, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. brrip

brrip
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Because iOS5 is due soon and it wouldn't be the first time the dev team skipped a firmware.

In my clueless opinion, the exploit they're using is not the one originally patched in 4.3.1. That could be why they aren't promising support for 4.3< firmwares, but they aren't shutting the door on it completely. If it was that exploit, it would be a straight up no.

#13 brrip, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  4. KaiHD

KaiHD
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Well, I was thinking that maybe they'll test the exploit for iOS 5, to see if it works... You know? By holding off the JB, Apple cannot know how to patch it. If they release the iPad 2 JB now, Apple may patch it for iOS 5. Thus creating more work for them if the JB doesn't work, seeing as they have to find a new exploit for iOS 5.

5. kevbo

kevbo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I can't quote the person who said it because the other thread is closed, but I think whoever said comex's iPad can't be 4.3 is probably mistaking him with i0n1c. Comex jailbroke his iPad right after launch.

6. jowy520

jowy520
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    False...comex jailbroke remotely chpwn's iPad, not his.

#16 jowy520, Jun 4, 2011
  7. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL You realise it was MuscleNerd that said it, right? :D I doubt he is mistaking anyone for anyone else!

8. sutty0000

sutty0000
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Whos jailbreak do we expect first for 4.3.3? Chronic dev team or iPhone dev team?

#18 sutty0000, Jun 4, 2011
  9. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    When Musclenerd posted that yesterday, out of the blue, made my ears go up. He said it for a reason and maybe that is why the jailbreak is taking longer then expected to be released..he said that Comex's iPad that had Cydia on it was NOT purchased when the iPad 2 went on the market, then he said "hint hint" as he was saying that it did NOT have 4.3 firmware on it..if they can jailbreak it for any firmware above 4.3 then it will work on 4.3.3 so I am hoping that is the case..otherwise why even say it

10. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You have a very good point, and although I'm on 4.3, I do hope your right, sadly however the only guarantee we've been given is 4.3 at the moment but that's not to say that higher firmwares won't eventually be jailbroken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.