1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by D_LA_ROC, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I'm wanting to know ANY new information in regards to the iPad2 Jailbreak, even if it's just a rumor. If the rumor proves to be false, it will be dropped and on to the next. I've been patiently waiting and hope it will be released soon. Also I kinda already miss the old thread. :( I was hoping to start this new one, continuing from the old one "iPad 2 Jailbreak 4.3", But staying on Topic!

FREE MY iPAD2 ๎……๎€Š COMING SOON!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. brrip

brrip iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No,this is basically a replacement for the thread that just got closed. :D
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    The previous iPad2 JB thread was messy in place, but it served a purpose in keeping all the chat, rumour, speculation, and the odd nugget of news :) in one place. Unfortunately the OP was not really happy about the lack of real news being posted and requested it closed. For reference the old thread is found here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/22660-ipad-2-jailbreak-4-3-a.html

This is a new thread to discuss everything to do with the iPad2 Jailbreak including rumor, speculation, chat, and hopefully facts!

If you are only interested in news, please see the following sticky - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/31363-official-ipad2-jailbreak-news-thread.html

I will transfer ALL news and facts which are posted in this thread into the sticky above. So if you are ONLY interested in facts, refer ONLY to the link above. That should keep those who don't like the speculation happy :)

But, if you want to join in the chat, please contribute to THIS thread. But remember the rules and keep on topic please ;)

Lets try again shall we?
  4. elektrobank

elektrobank iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are we trying again?
  5. Cryptic1

Cryptic1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of new fakes popping up...

I'm using this forum for my jailbreak news of course, but am also doing searches randomly (like everyone is) to see what's out there. There are LOTS of fakes popping up so BEWARE! I even came across one that claimed to be a greenp0ison beta and the page was using greenp0ison's actual logo and font. Watch out for fakes folks.
  6. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    To have a reasonable discussion about the progress towards an iPad2 jailbreak in the absence of actually having one! And hopefully trying to stay on topic as much as possible :D
    Not saying it will be easy, as the last thread demonstrated, but lets try again anyway!
  7. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

"This is a new thread to discuss everything to do with the iPad2 Jailbreak including rumor, speculation, chat, and hopefully facts!"
  8. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Yes, well said, it's always good to remember... A real jailbreak has never, and likely will never, be announced on some "no-name" blog or some random YouTube video. All the official tools have official homes. Dev-Team, Chronic Dev Team, etc. No one new site or team is going to pop up out of the blue with a working jailbeak.
    Anything else is a fake! Trust me!
  9. elektrobank

elektrobank iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I give it two hours... :p

But seriously, thank you for the updates and the clean sticky above =)
  10. KaiHD

KaiHD iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad 2 JB should be releasedly after iOS 5 in available, right? Plus, am I correct when I assume my iPad 2 will be running iOS 4.3.3?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  11. Lysin

Lysin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Why is everyone assuming they are waiting for IOS5?
  12. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I think your first query is well covered in the NEWS thread. Did you read that yet? Always read that thread for the facts. There is no reason for the iPad2 JB which Chromic Dev Team are working on to be released after IOS 5 from what we know. The exploit for 4.3 is already patched. Waiting for IOS5 is not logical.
    However, IF there is another jailbreak in the works which is userland exploit based, the developers of that one MAY hold off once they see a beta of IOS IF the same exploit is available and remains unpatched. But that is pure speculation.

And, yes, it is highly likely that your iPad2 will be delivered with 4.3.3. It just depends when it was manufactured, and all current new iPads have 4.3.3 on them.
  13. brrip

brrip iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Because iOS5 is due soon and it wouldn't be the first time the dev team skipped a firmware.

In my clueless opinion, the exploit they're using is not the one originally patched in 4.3.1. That could be why they aren't promising support for 4.3< firmwares, but they aren't shutting the door on it completely. If it was that exploit, it would be a straight up no.
  14. KaiHD

KaiHD iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I was thinking that maybe they'll test the exploit for iOS 5, to see if it works... You know? By holding off the JB, Apple cannot know how to patch it. If they release the iPad 2 JB now, Apple may patch it for iOS 5. Thus creating more work for them if the JB doesn't work, seeing as they have to find a new exploit for iOS 5.
  15. kevbo

kevbo iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't quote the person who said it because the other thread is closed, but I think whoever said comex's iPad can't be 4.3 is probably mistaking him with i0n1c. Comex jailbroke his iPad right after launch.
  16. jowy520

jowy520 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    False...comex jailbroke remotely chpwn's iPad, not his.
  17. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    LOL You realise it was MuscleNerd that said it, right? :D I doubt he is mistaking anyone for anyone else!
  18. sutty0000

sutty0000 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whos jailbreak do we expect first for 4.3.3? Chronic dev team or iPhone dev team?
  19. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When Musclenerd posted that yesterday, out of the blue, made my ears go up. He said it for a reason and maybe that is why the jailbreak is taking longer then expected to be released..he said that Comex's iPad that had Cydia on it was NOT purchased when the iPad 2 went on the market, then he said "hint hint" as he was saying that it did NOT have 4.3 firmware on it..if they can jailbreak it for any firmware above 4.3 then it will work on 4.3.3 so I am hoping that is the case..otherwise why even say it
  20. iRager

iRager iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    You have a very good point, and although I'm on 4.3, I do hope your right, sadly however the only guarantee we've been given is 4.3 at the moment but that's not to say that higher firmwares won't eventually be jailbroken.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.