What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wanting to know ANY new information in regards to the iPad2 Jailbreak, even if it's just a rumor. If the rumor proves to be false, it will be dropped and on to the next. I've been patiently waiting and hope it will be released soon. Also I kinda already miss the old thread. :( I was hoping to start this new one, continuing from the old one "iPad 2 Jailbreak 4.3", But staying on Topic!

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Last edited:

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No,this is basically a replacement for the thread that just got closed. :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The previous iPad2 JB thread was messy in place, but it served a purpose in keeping all the chat, rumour, speculation, and the odd nugget of news :) in one place. Unfortunately the OP was not really happy about the lack of real news being posted and requested it closed. For reference the old thread is found here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/22660-ipad-2-jailbreak-4-3-a.html

This is a new thread to discuss everything to do with the iPad2 Jailbreak including rumor, speculation, chat, and hopefully facts!

If you are only interested in news, please see the following sticky - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/31363-official-ipad2-jailbreak-news-thread.html

I will transfer ALL news and facts which are posted in this thread into the sticky above. So if you are ONLY interested in facts, refer ONLY to the link above. That should keep those who don't like the speculation happy :)

But, if you want to join in the chat, please contribute to THIS thread. But remember the rules and keep on topic please ;)

Lets try again shall we?

Last edited:

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of new fakes popping up...

I'm using this forum for my jailbreak news of course, but am also doing searches randomly (like everyone is) to see what's out there. There are LOTS of fakes popping up so BEWARE! I even came across one that claimed to be a greenp0ison beta and the page was using greenp0ison's actual logo and font. Watch out for fakes folks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are we trying again?

To have a reasonable discussion about the progress towards an iPad2 jailbreak in the absence of actually having one! And hopefully trying to stay on topic as much as possible :D
Not saying it will be easy, as the last thread demonstrated, but lets try again anyway!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using this forum for my jailbreak news of course, but am also doing searches randomly (like everyone is) to see what's out there. There are LOTS of fakes popping up so BEWARE! I even came across one that claimed to be a greenp0ison beta and the page was using greenp0ison's actual logo and font. Watch out for fakes folks.

Yes, well said, it's always good to remember... A real jailbreak has never, and likely will never, be announced on some "no-name" blog or some random YouTube video. All the official tools have official homes. Dev-Team, Chronic Dev Team, etc. No one new site or team is going to pop up out of the blue with a working jailbeak.
Anything else is a fake! Trust me!

Last edited:

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To have a reasonable discussion about the progress towards an iPad2 jailbreak in the absence of actually having one! And hopefully trying to stay on topic as much as possible :D

I give it two hours... :p

But seriously, thank you for the updates and the clean sticky above =)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 JB should be releasedly after iOS 5 in available, right? Plus, am I correct when I assume my iPad 2 will be running iOS 4.3.3?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
The iPad 2 JB should be releasedly after iOS 5 in available, right? Plus, am I correct when I assume my iPad 2 will be running iOS 4.3.3?

Why is everyone assuming they are waiting for IOS5?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oops, sorry (For both errors). Anyways, the iPad 2 JB should be releasedly after iOS 5 in available, right? Plus, am I correct when I assume my iPad 2 will be running iOS 4.3.3?

I think your first query is well covered in the NEWS thread. Did you read that yet? Always read that thread for the facts. There is no reason for the iPad2 JB which Chromic Dev Team are working on to be released after IOS 5 from what we know. The exploit for 4.3 is already patched. Waiting for IOS5 is not logical.
However, IF there is another jailbreak in the works which is userland exploit based, the developers of that one MAY hold off once they see a beta of IOS IF the same exploit is available and remains unpatched. But that is pure speculation.

And, yes, it is highly likely that your iPad2 will be delivered with 4.3.3. It just depends when it was manufactured, and all current new iPads have 4.3.3 on them.

Last edited:

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:

Why is everyone assuming they are waiting for IOS5?

Because iOS5 is due soon and it wouldn't be the first time the dev team skipped a firmware.

In my clueless opinion, the exploit they're using is not the one originally patched in 4.3.1. That could be why they aren't promising support for 4.3< firmwares, but they aren't shutting the door on it completely. If it was that exploit, it would be a straight up no.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking that maybe they'll test the exploit for iOS 5, to see if it works... You know? By holding off the JB, Apple cannot know how to patch it. If they release the iPad 2 JB now, Apple may patch it for iOS 5. Thus creating more work for them if the JB doesn't work, seeing as they have to find a new exploit for iOS 5.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't quote the person who said it because the other thread is closed, but I think whoever said comex's iPad can't be 4.3 is probably mistaking him with i0n1c. Comex jailbroke his iPad right after launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts