What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha. Just shows you. I'm totally psyched about iOS5 and iCloud having just watched uncle Steve.
OTA Delta OS updates are going to be a jailbreakers dream come true... Trust me.

was nice to see uncle steve still in good shape, but iOS5 seems a bit mehh. it's basically everything jailbreak already gives us with iOS 4.3. sure, there are some nifty things coming, but nothing groundbreaking

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Haha. Just shows you. I'm totally psyched about iOS5 and iCloud having just watched uncle Steve.
OTA Delta OS updates are going to be a jailbreakers dream come true... Trust me.

NO MORE ITUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to throw away my pc! :D

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO MORE ITUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to throw away my pc! :D
Really? It made me more anxious to get the new MacBook Air when it comes out, though. What with Lion, integration with my iPad 2 and iCloud... Plus I'm thinking of trying on a Mac. Windows has gotten... Blegh- So normal.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Really? It made me more anxious to get the new MacBook Air when it comes out, though. What with Lion, integration with my iPad 2 and iCloud... Plus I'm thinking of trying on a Mac. Windows has gotten... Blegh- So normal.

I am glad I don't have to backup and restore and update with iTunes.

Sparky450r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad about a month ago and it came with 4.3.2. Is there ANY reason at all that I shouldn't go ahead and update to 4.3.3. Seems like an obvious answer but I just wanted to make sure. Worst case scenario for me would be 1. jailbreak is only for 4.3.3 and 2. I'm stuck on 4.3.2 because apple stopped signing 4.3.3 right after the jailbreak is released. Then I would be stuck waiting for an ios5 jailbreak haha!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The devs have told us at this time the only garantee is for 4.3, they have not found an exploit for 4.3.1 and up (or if they have they aren't talking about it). The rule of thumb is never update until the latest firmware has been JB'd. With your situation though it seems more realistic that once they release the JB for 4.3 they will work on 4.3.3 so I would think it would be fine for you to update but it's totally up to you.

Earlier there was a twitter conversation between p0sixninja and another person. "@p0sixninja someone is impersonating you saying that the ipad2 jailbreak will be released in 72 hours @p0six1nja, is he right is he close?" p0sixninja's response "@steveharris111 no, and no". So looks like we are still a little ways away from seeing it.

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do you reckon that channel will be any more exploit-susceptible than cabled updates?

My first thought is that it could cause problems. For instance, say that iPad 2s were released on 5.3 and apple fixed an exploit for versions 5.3.1-5.3.3. People wouldn't necessarily have the choice to sit around on 5.3 waiting for the devs to get the 5.3 jailbreak in order.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
p0sixninja
Yes, I'm still standing by my "weeks" prediction for iPad2 jailbreak. I also predict many sleepless nights in the near-future

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think yesterday was 3 weeks since the web broadcast he did where he claimed "weeks" so hopefully it will be real soon :)

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@i0n1c says he has nothing left for jail breaking and Apple have won....WTF, he has been beat basically

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When someone says "weeks", I assume it will be less then 2 months.

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think yesterday was 3 weeks since the web broadcast he did where he claimed "weeks" so hopefully it will be real soon :)

I will be SO grateful to him when he releases it..just work with 4.3.3..I know they have it because Musclenerd posted himself that 'Hint Hint" comex's iPad 2 with the cracked screen showed Cydia on it and he purchased his iPad 2 WAY after 4.3 was released..so they are giving us hints..they can take another month to release the darn jailbreak for all I care just have it work with 4.3.3

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i0n1c:
People still don't get that Apple has won.
The reason there is no iPad 2 jailbreak is because Apple fixes all exploitable bugs in iOS.

Hmmm.... I don't like to hear that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i0n1c:
People still don't get that Apple has won.
The reason there is no iPad 2 jailbreak is because Apple fixes all exploitable bugs in iOS.

Hmmm.... I don't like to hear that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

He's a defeatist and he isn't actually a dev. When those words come from someone like @Musclenerd, then we panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions