What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

imransazeez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any type of iTunes error? If not you will want to put it in complete DFU mode. Also double check your using the right firmware they can be very easy to mixup.

actually the thing is i cant connect to itune at all when it does start. because it stucks in apple icon, but in dfu mode or restoring mode. itunes works fine..
yeah im sure i have 4.3.3 and its jailbreaken. ipad 2 3g 64gb

Reaction score
Are you currently running a TTS server from tiny umbrella otherwise if I'm correct iTunes will not let you use an older firmware.

imransazeez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you currently running a TTS server from tiny umbrella otherwise if I'm correct iTunes will not let you use an older firmware.

you dont get it, i tried to reset all setting from my ipad not from my itunes (PC).. so there nothing to do with tts server..

Reaction score
Ok so now your right I don't get it. :p Correct me if I'm wrong. So I can try and further help you.
1. Your iPad apps were crashing.
2. You assumed it was a jailbreak problem.
3. You decided to completely restore it.
4. You downloaded the appropriate firmware.
5. After plugging in the iPad to your computer via USB you put the iPad into DFU/Restore mode.
6. After shift clicking and locating the firmware it starts.
7. Somewhere along the way it freezes on the IPAD THE STAUS BAR FREEZES.
8. It then restarts somehow and that is the part were I'm really confused a picture if available would be AMAZING.

Last edited:

imransazeez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so now your right I don't get it. :p Correct me if I'm wrong. So I can try and further help you.
5. After plugging in the iPad to your computer via USB you put the iPad into DFU/Restore mode.
8. It then restarts somehow and that is the part were I'm really confused a picture if available would be AMAZING.

yeah, same thing.. i guess nothing can be done just goto ios5.0.1

imransazeez

iPF Noob
Reaction score

yeah, your right.. same is what happens.. anyway i tried to restore to ios 5.0.1 now i get error 3194 pfff

Reaction score
You apple sources is set to a cydia server go into tiny umbrella. Under the advanced tab make sure set hosts to cydia on exit is unchecked. Close tiny umbrella and try again.

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imransazeez said:
hey,

i really need some bad help, I have a black ipad 2 3G. running 4.3.3 comex jailbroken (jailbreakme.com).
it was working perfectly great till yesterday morning.. yesterday evening i returned from school and i found evey appstore app in my ipad was crashing.. [Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app] i tried restarting many times still the same problem.. so i thoguht ill restore all setting.. my ipad starts to restart but, while the reset process is going on it stucks on the way. and after 5mins it restarts again and same thing happens again and again.. im really worried. i know about the DFU mode or restoring mode, but i dont want to upgrade to 5.0.1 i need the the jailbreak in ios 4.3.3

any help??
o yeah, i do hav saved my shh files in tiny umbrella..

HELP

Waaaahhhhh if your jailbroken i think you should avoid or never hit restore button... Same thing happens to me when i hit restore... this should be a caution to jailbroken devices "DON'T HIT RESTORE/ RESTART OR YOU WILL HAVE YOUR DEVICE ON STUCK OR WILL WAIT FOR ANOTHER JB" just like i, long time waiting

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
imransazeez:

First off, you cannot restore that 3G iPad to anything but 5.0.1 because it's a 3G version and you can no longer downgrade to any 4.x version, even with saved SHSH blobs.

Second, if you'd read through the posts on this forum, you'd have realized that, and learned that you should never attempt to restore a JB'd iPad the way you tried.

Lastly, if you had bothered to read the rules, along with the various threads in this forum, you would have seen that this forum does NOT support or condone piracy or those that do piracy by installing apps that enable piracy. In other words, it serves you right that you had troubles. Piracy is not only against forum policy, it is illegal! Don't be a pirate!

Marilyn

Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
imransazeez:

First off, you cannot restore that 3G iPad to anything but 5.0.1 because it's a 3G version and you can no longer downgrade to any 4.x version, even with saved SHSH blobs.

Second, if you'd read through the posts on this forum, you'd have realized that, and learned that you should never attempt to restore a JB'd iPad the way you tried.

Lastly, if you had bothered to read the rules, along with the various threads in this forum, you would have seen that this forum does NOT support or condone piracy or those that do piracy by installing apps that enable piracy. In other words, it serves you right that you had troubles. Piracy is not only against forum policy, it is illegal! Don't be a pirate!

Marilyn

Hardcore dude had no idea about the 3G problem but I suppose you moderator for a reason.

Aomara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imransazeez:

Marilyn

I have new ipad 2 3G, came with 4.3.5
I see that till this moment there is no JB
I badly need o jailbreak at the earliest, My question shall i stay with 4.3.5, or upgrade to ios 5.0.1??
I feel the next ipad 2 jb will be for ios 5 (no one will work on 4.x anymore)... So i may enjoy the new ios 5 till a jb come...
What do you think???

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aomara said:
I have new ipad 2 3G, came with 4.3.5
I see that till this moment there is no JB
I badly need o jailbreak at the earliest, My question shall i stay with 4.3.5, or upgrade to ios 5.0.1??
I feel the next ipad 2 jb will be for ios 5 (no one will work on 4.x anymore)... So i may enjoy the new ios 5 till a jb come...
What do you think???

Check out this excellent guide by f4780y then you should be able to make an informed decision http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/53082-ios5-jailbreak-strategy-guide.html

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts