What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"noOTA badge" not working

desertmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed "noOTA badge" to get rid of the (1) on the Settings icon of my jailbroken iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.2. However, it does not work - the nagging (1) is still on the Settings icon.

Does "noOTA badge" simply not work with iOS 6.1.2, or is there anything that I can do to make this work?

Greetings - desertmac

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It must not have been updated to work on iOS 6.1.2.

Do you have the tweak Springtomize 2? That tweak will allow you to hide that update badge...

Marilyn

OP
D

desertmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the tweak Springtomize 2?
No, at least not yet. But I uninstalled noOTA, installed Badge Clearer, made the (1) on Settings disappear, and also uninstalled Badge Clearer again. That works very well.

What I don't quite understand is that it seems now not to be possible to search for iOS updates from within Settings - General -Software Updates at all. When I go into Settings I do see the (1) on General but when I search for updates I only get an eternally spinning wheel next to the sentence "Checking for Update...). Is that normal after jailbreaking?

In general I like it very much to have a "free" iPad now. The first apps I installed were BrowserChooser for being able to choose iCab as default browser and SwipeSelection to get a less frustrating keyboard experience. Terrific!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iOS 6 jailbreak has blocked the OTA update feature, so that an unsuspecting owner won't ruin his or her jailbreak by hitting the update button.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you install a tweak called No Update this is what you will see when you hit the update button(also clears the badge)

ususa2yd.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts