What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on iPad

amyteach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pad no volume

Hi. I am having similar issues with volume. I have no volume on games but have it on youtube. Can someone help please. I have had the ipad for a couple of months and have had no problems up until recently.

thank u

Amy

LaughingMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I had ...

Hi. I am having similar issues with volume. I have no volume on games but have it on youtube. Can someone help please. I have had the ipad for a couple of months and have had no problems up until recently.

thank u

Amy

Amy, that is the exact symptom I had. You tube and iPod tunes work, but no game sound. Oh and earphones always work.

Check that the little slider switch next to the volume control. Red == mute.

GailL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no sound on iPad 1

Well I had no sound except through headphones. I went to Settings, General and checked the lock rotation instead of the mute button (which some lovely engineer decided would be my preference during some update). However, I STILL HAD NO SOUND. So, to my astonishment, I went back, checked the mute button in preferences, moved the physical button and got sound. Then I once again checked lock rotation and things are working now the way I WANT them to!

Hope that helps someone else as I expected unchecking the mute button in settings would have fixed the no sound problem

CS_Computer_Tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved:

We have been able to resolve the issue of the iPad thinking it is "Docked".
It appears to be most likely caused by corrosion on pin # 21. Long story short. Clean pin # 21 with rubbing alcohol on some sort of small cloth that will fit. We scraped the pin clean with a needle then applied rubbing alcohol with a thin cloth and all is fine now.
This isn't the first time corrosion on the connector pins has caused issues. It takes a minimal amount of condensation to cause corrosion on these pins.
if you are not sure which pin is # 21 google it.
When looking at the connector (white side up) pin one is far left and pin 30 is far right.

Hope that helped someone. Took us 3 hours to figure out ;-)

If you liked this post come check us out @ cscomputertech dot com

DaRoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem. You can adjust the volume sometimes before you type in your password so its not the button, its not the speaker, its the software. Did you remember what app you installed just before that happened?

Note, after posting this I saw that in the Ipod app it seems to think the ipad is docked, the upper left corner says "Dock Connector" and is not the volume control as it should be... For some reason the Ipad thinks it's docked...

same problem..... what about now? is ur ipad still "dock connected"???
What I found out when I had the same problem first I rebooted my iPad then I switched my switch from screen lock to a mute button it works great I suggest that you try this

Knawmean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cs computer tech... Out of all the post I saw om here, yours is the one that worked for me. It was simple and easy. I just cleaned all the pins and resprong the iPad, and I had my sound back instantly. Thank you for the great tip.

marja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
connector

I have the same problemn, but how can ik clean pin 21 ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Radio Shack or similar electronics store in your vicinity you can purchase an aerosol spray can of contact cleaning fluid. A small - very small - spray into the contact area and then insert and remove the charging socket a few times. See if that helps. But be careful and it's definitely not recommended to try to insert anything else into the area of the pins - they're very delicate and easily broken.

Tim

cwright81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! My issue was the mute button the side as well. I'm glad this forum was so helpful ;)

morgenstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha.. thanks a lot guys. Same problem I experienzed. Simple yet troublesome!

txlegz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok..heres what you do....the slider button just above the audio control on the side of the ipad.. that use to be the landscape lock is NOW the audio mute...you have it on mute, slide it up.

YOU are brilliant ... That was the issue! Very similar to when I had the same issue on my first iPhone ... Thank you so much!

Most reactions

Latest posts