What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini 2 Photos Could Point to Colour Variants

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_mini_2_blue.JPG

iDownload Blog has word today of new pictures that have emerged on a Chinese website of what are said to be the back half of the next iPad mini. As iDownload Blog notes, the cover looks very similar to that of the current iPad mini at first glance, but if you look a little closer, it looks slightly thicker than the current version, possibly because of the rumoured Retina display, or even a bigger battery, which has also been rumoured, and which would most likely be a necessity to power the Retina display. Another interesting aspect of these new photos is the fact that the Apple logo is blue. This could either be part of the manufacturing process, or, it might mean that Apple has decided to release the next iPad mini in several different colours. This could actually be a distinct possibility, given that Apple released a range of different-coloured iPod touches last year, and is also rumoured to be bringing out an iPhone 5S in several different colour choices. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] These rear shell photos could mean colors are coming to iPad mini 2

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. I dont think the logo is blue at all, but because it is a high mirror finish + the angle its on + the guy is wearing a blue shirt leads me to believe its the exact same apple logo as on the current mini

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for an iPad with sleek candy apple red!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been wondering when they were gonna do this. The iPod touch fifth gen has so many cool colors to choose from. It's so unlike apple to be plain and boring but the iPad always came in just black or white! Bleh!

Bring on the colors.....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see colors, too!

A Candy Apple Red or a Brilliant Blue one would be really nice! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What diff does color make if most people cover their iDevices? Plus, you can always get a skin or case in whatever color you like.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What diff does color make if most people cover their iDevices? Plus, you can always get a skin or case in whatever color you like.

Funny you post that, after I posted my like on a red or blue one...I thought about the whole protective cover issue. Of course I would put something on it, so really it wouldn't really mean anything to me in the long run-unless I bought a clear skin/case! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny you post that, after I posted my like on a red or blue one...I thought about the whole protective cover issue. Of course I would put something on it, so really it wouldn't really mean anything to me in the long run-unless I bought a clear skin/case! :)[/QUOTE

The good thing about cases -- cheaper to replace when you want to switch things up.

With my iPod touch 5, as with all my other devices, I went for black, despite color options. I got eight different colored TPU cases, so I change out as mood strikes.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like to see colors, too!

A Candy Apple Red or a Brilliant Blue one would be really nice! :)

I was going to get a red iPod touch but I didn't like the white bezel. It would have be fierce if it were red w a black bezel. Some of the proceeds were going to Africa too!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts