What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next iPhones and iPad Mini Could be Delayed

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_mini_2_blue.JPG

A very credible analyst is today reporting that Apple’s next iPhones, the iPhone 5S and cheaper iPhone, and iPad mini, could possibly be launched much later than most analysts have been expecting, because of several different issues. AppleInsider reports that Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities, who is usually very well sourced on Apple matters, has written in a research note today that all three products have been delayed, for a variety of different reasons. As far as the iPhone 5S is concerned, Kuo says that the fingerprint sensor that Apple intends to use in the phone is bringing up some “technical challengesâ€, such as preventing interference from the black and white coating under the cover glass. Kuo goes on to say that the development of iOS 7 is also holding up Apple’s new product line, and that’s not the first time that we’ve heard this. For the cheaper iPhone rumoured to be on the way, Kuo says that the casing is causing problems for Apple. The plastic casing will be slimmer than similar plastic cases usually are, and this could cause production delays. And finally, to pile on the bad news, Kuo says that the iPad mini 2 production is facing challenges with the display panels, with the new Retina display making it more difficult to manufacture. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Development issues may cause later-than-expected debuts of 'iPhone 5S,' low-cost iPhone & next iPad mini

lytefall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad news for me, as I am waiting on buying my first iPad and have been hedging my bets hoping for an iPad mini 2 with retina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess best things come to those who wait.

lytefall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just a rumor any thing can happen. You may be surprised

I am ignoring all other posts as of now. Was hoping for a June announcement. Guess I will just stay optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think in USA you have some animal that pops out of the ground at a particular time every year that signals spring. If it doesn't Americans go crazy Apple is the same way when they follow a pattern for releases of new products every one counts the days however when they shift the schedule it creates pandemonium. Stock markets go nuts, rumors explode, users runaround in circles in disbelief as they have to wait again for Apple to announce the next generation iPad or phone. The press goes crazy looking for any thing that may be a story about the new unannounced product delivering rumors faster than a bullet train traveling between cities in Japan Then out of the blue Apple with out warning delivers a yet another amazing product. This is the life of Apple same story every year with all the new products. Enjoy the experience.....I have seen this every year since 1977. So nothing has changed

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spot on. The rumours of the iWatch are starting to firm up. You want thinness? The rumour of that tablet you will be able to roll up like a piece of A4 paper is starting to take shape. Ya gotta love them rumours!

Most reactions

Latest posts