What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Will Come in Two Colours and 12 Configurations

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini_pictures_leak.JPG

AppleInsider reports that it has learned that the iPad mini will be available in two colours (black and white?), and that there will be 12 different models and four different storage capabilities. This expands upon yesterday’s story of a leaked inventory document in Germany. According to AppleInsider, the different models are named P101, P103, P105 and P107, representing four different storage capacities. The models are also described as “GOODâ€, “BETTERâ€, and “BESTâ€, which most likely refers to the Wi-Fi-only, Wi-Fi and 3G, and Wi-Fi and 4G LTE variants. AppleInsider says that someone who is familiar with Apple’s inventory procedure has told them that they presume that the P101 will have the most availability at launch, with this most likely being the 8GB, Wi-Fi only model, considered to be the “entry-level†iPad mini, and which is expected to cost around $249/£250. Apparently the iPad mini launch event is due to be announced later today.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/12...al-apple-will-release-12-models-in-two-colors

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, $250 for the entry level Apple versus $200 for a Kindle HD (16GB wifi) or a Google Nexus 7 (8GB wifi).

That is actually not such a bad deal for the Apple, especially for a first-time buyer. But, to me, the pricing for the higher end models in the other post, start to not make so much sense, as a buyer, that is.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, $250 for the entry level Apple versus $200 for a Kindle HD (16GB wifi) or a Google Nexus 7 (8GB wifi).

That is actually not such a bad deal for the Apple, especially for a first-time buyer. But, to me, the pricing for the higher end models in the other post, start to not make so much sense, as a buyer, that is.

Yes, I agree with that assessment.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's seems kinda strange, though, because I'd be willing to buy Apple over the others, but they are driving ME away.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's seems kinda strange, though, because I'd be willing to buy Apple over the others, but they are driving ME away.

This product isn't aimed at you; it's really meant for another kind of buyer, which makes sense for widening Apple's market base.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This product isn't aimed at you; it's really meant for another kind of buyer, which makes sense for widening Apple's market base.

What "another kind of buyer" would it be? Someone not put off by those prices? :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What "another kind of buyer" would it be? Someone not put off by those prices? :)

Someone OK with buying older tech that just works, but is price sensitive and unable or unwilling to spring for more. Note that people are still buying iPad 2s even though iPad 3 is a much better product for only $100 more.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pricing is disappointing to me. I have an iPad 3, which I love, so any 7" tablet I buy is completely frivolous. I was mainly thinking it would be all about portability. I expected the Mini to be priced higher than, say, the Amazon Fire or Nexus 7, but I would've liked to have seen the same amount of storage on the starting models. Having had a first generation Fire I'm comfortable with that system. $250 for an 8 gig Mini or a 32 gig Fire; for me it's a no brainer.

Deandre_012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess that entry level price is fair enough in view of Apple's tech pioneer reputation. It's good that they came up with different option models to fit different buyer preference.

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the color scheme of the press invite, I'm thinking we may actually see 6 color options. It just so happens the invite has the same 6 colors as the new iPod family.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
danielgfreeman said:
Based on the color scheme of the press invite, I'm thinking we may actually see 6 color options. It just so happens the invite has the same 6 colors as the new iPod family.

Evidence suggests 4 different memory sizes 8, 16, 32 & 64. That would kill the 24 model theory unless it only comes in wifi only, then 4 x 6 colors is 24.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My little brother has asked me a very valid question which I'm struggling to answer. What will be the major difference between an ipad mini and the new itouch other than size?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My little brother has asked me a very valid question which I'm struggling to answer. What will be the major difference between an ipad mini and the new itouch other than size?

None of us will know till Apple tells us.

Most reactions

Latest posts