What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Will Come in Two Colours and 12 Configurations

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean, as a color tablet? The Fire is, but it's more of an Amazon consumption device than a true tablet. Do some research before you go that route.

I really like Kindle Fire, because it adds flexibility among my other devices. For me, it makes more sense to have devices from various platforms, from diff manufacturers, because I can do more overall. But if I could afford only one tablet, I'd still stick with a 10" tablet. For real work, I still need PCs, though. For me, no matter size or maker, any tablet really is a consumption device.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdholm said:
Do you mean, as a color tablet? The Fire is, but it's more of an Amazon consumption device than a true tablet. Do some research before you go that route.

I've seen the iPad mini. I'm definitely ordering one on Friday

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the hell happened to my above post?

Was meant to say i am looking foreward to seeing the ipad mini in the apple store

RIP Steve Jobs 

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
I've seen the iPad mini. I'm definitely ordering one on Friday

I'm out; it's priced too high for a pure luxury item. My iPad 3 is my big splurge device. I might pick up a Fire HD down the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see discounted refurbs in another few months.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost....final decision to be made tomorrow.

I don't understand how you'd compromise on screen quality when you and others fell so hard for retina screen on iPad 3. I remember reading a lot of comments from iPad 3 owners who disparaged iPad 1 and 2 screens by comparison. Given that, I'd expect retina screen diehards to shudder at the idea of returning to an old screen on mini iPad.

Me, I've never been hooked on retina screen, though I've had it since iPhone 4. I see the diff between it and non-retina screen, but it's never bothered me to go back and forth, and retina screen didn't get me to upgrade from iPad 1 and 2.

I'm not tempted by mini iPad because I don't want to buy a new device with repackaged iPad 2 guts. I'm tempted by iPad 4, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts