What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad for Christmas

kjkwitte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Kimberly and I just got my iPad. I purchased a 64 Wi-Fi, as I didn't want to have space issues and anticipate being in hotspots or at home when using my iPad. Right now I will be using it as an ereader and to surf - email, facebook, etc. I plan to resume work on my PhD in mid2011, so I'm hoping the iPad will make things easier for me. I will be doing quite a bit of online database research, so I'm hoping I can save docs and not have to kill so many trees (I'm going to have to figure out the PDF tricks). I have an iPhone 4 and am fairly competent in its use. I have teen-aged kids who get frustrated trying to explain technology to their old mom, so I'm hoping the Forum will be helpful. I've already learned new stuff just by browsing - so thanks for all the answers that are posted and thanks in advance for future assistance.

Most reactions