What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Since Christmas 2010

oaklane76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We received an IPad for Christmas from our oldest son. YEAH! We just recently bought a cable to attach to the tv, awesome!

I also have a IPod as well as the use of another IPad from work.
Technology is a great thing!

Couple of questions as a new user:

I was Googling for ebooks for the Ipad, I ran across a couple of times the sit named MyPadmedia. I almost joined but read in many places that it wasn't legit?

My other thing is adding/changing pictures. I'm sure I'll figure that out the more I use it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is a decent list of book apps to start off with. There are tons more, but exploring what you can get using these, both paid and free, should keep you busy for a while.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

And yes, MyPadmedia is a scam! There are LOTS of places to get stuff to read. Apple has their own iBooks app (with probably the best looking presentation but absolutely lousy in terms of selection) and of course there is the Kindle app from Amazon. As an eReader, it is only average at best, but no one can touch Amazon in terms of selection (and price).

Barnes & Noble and Borders also have their own apps, but a recent news story has both of them teetering on bankruptcy. There are also eReading apps like GoodReader and Stanza that have links to content providers that are both paid and legitimately free (i.e. Project Gutenberg).

Enjoy the forum!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts