What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad Air!

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have finally upgraded from iPad first generation! Everything is set up with one exception...I cannot receive my e mail on my new device. I went to the settings and have got the correct address is there something I am missing? Everything else was easy and went off without a hitch.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Barbie :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have finally upgraded from iPad first generation! Everything is set up with one exception...I cannot receive my e mail on my new device. I went to the settings and have got the correct address is there something I am missing? Everything else was easy and went off without a hitch. Thanks in advance for any pointers. Barbie :)
This can happen when the wrong password was entered. Make sure it's the right one.
Other possibility:
If you have enabled two-step verification for your email account, you'll need a special password for your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg! Fixed...you are the BEST!
I have also now discovered that the photos on my original iPad did not transfer...should I have connected my old iPad to my PC to tsf those to the PC? If that is the case then they will go to the air on the cloud? I thought that was the purpose of the cloud.
Again, thank you for helping in this transition!
Barbie :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Omg! Fixed...you are the BEST! I have also now discovered that the photos on my original iPad did not transfer...should I have connected my old iPad to my PC to tsf those to the PC? If that is the case then they will go to the air on the cloud? I thought that was the purpose of the cloud. Again, thank you for helping in this transition! Barbie :)
If you sync the photos to the PC, they won't be in iCloud. They'd have to be synced to the new iPad using iTunes on your PC. If you do this, you can't remove them from your iPad without iTunes.

iCloud should have transfered the photos from your "old" device to the new one when you set it up using an iCloud backup, and "Photos" was enabled.

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hummmmm, so the pictures are on my phone and ipad1. To get them to my Air I need to sync with my PC through I tunes?
Sorry for being so dense but have always been hazy on the cloud thing.
Thanks,
B :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use iTunes, this is what has to be done first: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083 to get the photos from your other devices to the computer. Then connect your Air to iTunes/computer, and do this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4236

There are apps such as Photo Transfer App or Simple Transfer that help transfering the photos to the Air without iTunes.

There's also iCloud Photo Stream, which has to be enabled in Settings - iCloud. It syncs through iCloud between your Apple devices. If you enable it now, the photos that are already on your other devices will not be visible on your new iPad. Photo Stream will show the pictures that are stored on your devices from the moment it was enabled, not those that were saved to the Photos app before that moment.

Hope that helps.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did the Icloud transfer from my husband's ipad one to my old Ipad 3 after I bought an Air. The discrepancy really seems to be between IOS 5 and IOS 7 IMO. His photos were there but sorted differently--they are in Moments (which more or lesse translates to the old Events in the older firmware), Years but all of his albums were not transferred. He has had to go through his Years/Moments and rebuild his albums. I believe the last firmware for the I pad Ones was 5.3 and it just didn't translate well for the photo app. However, I suspect if you look at "photos" (see bottom of window) you may find your photos.

I should have noted that you would have had to have "photos" enabled for backup to Icloud in you Ipad one. This is an important thing for anyone new to Icloud to understand--that you need to enable--or in some cases UNenable apps that you want data backed up for--or not.

Last edited:
OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, still struggling with this photo transfer. I have downloaded both of the programs you suggested in hopes that I could just bypass the cloud. I am obviously missing something but refuse to give up! The app that was the 2.99 one appears to be the most straight forward and it did connect over wifi to my Air, but no transfer.
I hope they have a 1-800 number and the tech is NOT in India, lol, I already am challenged enough! Giggle :)
Barbie.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To transfer photos from one device to the other, the app has to be installed on both devices. Just a hint; as you didn't mention that, I don't know if you thought of this as well.

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the program is in a PC as well as on the Air. The photos reside in on this PC in documents. I believe they are also on I Tunes.
B

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe my I cloud is really out of sync...password and or Id not matching what apple evidently has. Sooooo how in the world do I fix this. I am so confused and frustrated.
Help!
B

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting right back to you. The answer is yes they are the same. I had to change my password for Apple ID. Pictures still not showing on cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts