What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad Air!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are the same, you have to change the pw in Settings - iTunes & App Store - Apple ID, as well as in Settings - iCloud - iCloud account.

If you didn't use iCloud for your photos before, Photo Stream will be empty. Same will be for Camera Roll, without an iCloud backup. Photo Stream doesn't always show the same pictures. It depends on what you had on your Camera Roll or in your other Photo albums on each device, and what you deleted from Photo Stream on each device, and that may differ.

A question, because I notice that I didn't ask it before: did you set up your new device using a backup from iTunes (computer), or iCloud (without computer), or did you set it up as new, without backup?

Last edited:
OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A. I finally have figured out the problem...was not connected to PC with windows open. I now have pictures! My music did not tsf. Not sure why. Any ideas?
B :)

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J.A. Going to do this tomorrow. I am sure it will work...you are the best! Will get back to you if there is a problem. I am totally in LOVE with my new IPad Air. I am 64 yrs old and trying to keep up with the new technology, Apple is the best, as is this forum.
Thanks, Barbie :)

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is true that if it suits your needs, iCloud is cool. But I did not like getting the same thing on all my devices. I use the iPad for work. I fill it up with tons of stuff related to work. I don't want to put photos of my family on the iPad, so I don't want the iPad to sync photos with the cloud. It sounds like you want to have pohotos on your iPad, but not sync them.
For this, use Dropbox. It uses a free cloud into which you put what you want and take what you want. If I wanted 10 photos from one iPad on another, I would use Dropbox in the first, and put in 10 photos. Open Dropbox on the second and download the photos, and open them with the photo app.
If you have a lot of photos it will take a lot of time. But once done, you are done. Take them out of the Dropbox on the first iPad and either put them back where they belong or throw them away to recover your free Dropbox space.
You will need to use the same email address for all the devices you want to sync via dropbox. You will need to figure out how to put things into dropbox and take things out of Dropbox. Once you figure it out, you are in control of events. In iCloud, you tell the devices to sync or not, and the system does the work. But you are not in close control of each event.

Last edited:
OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.a. Concerning the ITunes music I am trying to download to my air. I typed in the address you posted on my PC, plugged in my iPad air but not sure how that links to iTunes.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
J.a. Concerning the ITunes music I am trying to download to my air. I typed in the address you posted on my PC, plugged in my iPad air but not sure how that links to iTunes.

The address that J.A had posted was a website which provided steps about how to do the operation you wanted to. In no way does it help in performing the operation. Follow the steps given on the website and you should be able to do what you want to.

OP
B

barbieb12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is what I thought, I am confused as to why the music did not download when the pictures did through windows, or possibly cloud?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is what I thought, I am confused as to why the music did not download when the pictures did through windows, or possibly cloud?

The website which J.A provided syncs data through iTunes, however, you mention Windows (probably you mean iTunes) and iCloud here. Which did you use?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you delete the pictures on your iPad? If not, then iTunes synced them to your iPad.
The link I provided should show you how it has to be done. Follow the directions, and your music willl be synced to the iPad.

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YIPPEE !!! I finally bought an iPad Air this afternoon. I decided to go to my nearest Apple Store and just pay the sales tax, thinking that the personalized service would be well worth the "extra" cost. Unfortunately, the setup process came to an abrupt end when I had to enter my password for my (one and only) email account (w/ Time Warner). Well, I didn't know it off-hand; I have all my email forwarded to my computer on Windows Live Mail automatically....

Well, anyway, I went with the 128GB Verizon cellular, Space Gray/Black. One of my welcoming emails from Apple had a link to the iOS 7.1 user guide. After being led to first download the iBooks app, I downloaded that guide. However, I cannot access it! It's somewhere on the iPad, but I cannot find it. When I open the iBook app, all I get is my list of "purchases" and opening the icon/photo of the guide on enlarges what is only a description, just what I saw via my email link to the internet web page offering the guide. How can I find & open my downloaded guide on my iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YIPPEE !!! I finally bought an iPad Air this afternoon. I decided to go to my nearest Apple Store and just pay the sales tax, thinking that the personalized service would be well worth the "extra" cost. Unfortunately, the setup process came to an abrupt end when I had to enter my password for my (one and only) email account (w/ Time Warner). Well, I didn't know it off-hand; I have all my email forwarded to my computer on Windows Live Mail automatically....

Well, anyway, I went with the 128GB Verizon cellular, Space Gray/Black. One of my welcoming emails from Apple had a link to the iOS 7.1 user guide. After being led to first download the iBooks app, I downloaded that guide. However, I cannot access it! It's somewhere on the iPad, but I cannot find it. When I open the iBook app, all I get is my list of "purchases" and opening the icon/photo of the guide on enlarges what is only a description, just what I saw via my email link to the internet web page offering the guide. How can I find & open my downloaded guide on my iPad?

Congrats on getting your iPad Air. As a fellow iPad Air owner - I hope you will like it as much as I like mine.

Is this the view you see when you open your iBooks app?

9u3u3agu.jpg

If so, then press the button in the upper left titled "Library." That should take you to the books loaded in the app itself.

Hopefully, that solves it. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Marylyn. There's some voodoo going on. Two problems resolved themselves just by shutting down the pad and coming back a little later. My attempt to set up my email failed at first, then later it worked! I went to Barnes & Noble to buy an iPad instruction book (took me 30 minutes to finally pick one out). Returned home, had no problem opening up & reading that Apple user guide. The guy at the bookstore told me that he owns an iPad Air and now doesn't use his computer. I'm beginning to see why. Wow, this iPad is so, so cool.

Most reactions