What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New competition

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The word is that Verizon and Google are getting together to develop the latest iPad killer device. What is the score now? Killers 0, iPad 5? Eventually someone will come out with a decent competitor, but it is going to be awhile.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The word is that Verizon and Google are getting together to develop the latest iPad killer device. What is the score now? Killers 0, iPad 5? Eventually someone will come out with a decent competitor, but it is going to be awhile.

I read the article, editor suggested the announcement was a negotiation tactic by Verizon regarding the Verizon/iPhone talks....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know, I think competition is good. Look at all the features coming with iPhone 4.0. I have to believe that Jobs is feeling Android breathing down his neck.

Still you're right (from a former future Microsoft Courier owner) that it is at least 5 to 0 at the moment. Lets see what HP/Palm or Google/HTC/Verizon can do.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I don't know, I think competition is good. Look at all the features coming with iPhone 4.0. I have to believe that Jobs is feeling Android breathing down his neck.

Still you're right (from a former future Microsoft Courier owner) that it is at least 5 to 0 at the moment. Lets see what HP/Palm or Google/HTC/Verizon can do.

I'm with you, I joined the iPad bandwagon only after the Microsoft Courier and HP Slate both died. HP is sure to come out with a WebOS tablet device, and it wouldn't surprise me if it looked just like the Windows 7 Slate. Dell is working on Android devices along with HTC. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft is working on a tablet running the Windows Phone 7 Series software either, which would make sense why Courier was canned.

My selling point on the iPad was the impending release of OS4 and the fact that it runs so damned quick. The Windows 7 tablets that run on lousy netbook hardware aren't worth a dime. An Android based tablet with similar specs to the iPad would immediately compete, so Steve should be scared and Android hardware makers should be busy.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think Steve Jobs worries much about the competition. In the time that the competion takes to respond to the iPad, he will have something new to take their breathe away. But if they were to concede the game to Apple, it would mean that Apple would not make as much effort to move forward, and technology cannot be allowed to stagnate.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My selling point on the iPad was the impending release of OS4 and the fact that it runs so damned quick. The Windows 7 tablets that run on lousy netbook hardware aren't worth a dime...

Exactly! I couldn't agree more.

I love Windows 7 - but it just doesn't have the smootheness and finger-friendlyness to be a competitor to the iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I don't think Steve Jobs worries much about the competition. In the time that the competion takes to respond to the iPad, he will have something new to take their breathe away. But if they were to concede the game to Apple, it would mean that Apple would not make as much effort to move forward, and technology cannot be allowed to stagnate.

Seadog,

I think I agree with your conclusion, however, I think it is the competition that makes Apple so hyperactive at being first and best with new development and at designing smooth interfaces.

I'm excited to see what will happen with the iPad. I want to know how people are using the pads and I think the market will drive the pad's direction. For a first release I think this little bad boy is amazing and will only go up from here.

Regards,

John

Most reactions

Latest posts