What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sinbad gives the Keynote at Macworld 2011

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by David Winograd (RSS feed) on Jan 27th, 2011

sinbaddw1127.jpg

Long time Apple devotee Sinbad delivered a very funny Keynote address this afternoon at Macworld, talking for about 20 minutes and then taking questions from the audience. He has been coming to Macworld since 1991 and talked about everything from his first Mac, which was a Macintosh 512K that he said had so little memory that putting in his password maxed it out. He joked about Steve Jobs designing the Mac for the dumbest, silliest person in the world. Steve brought some of them into a room and asked them, what can you do? They told him they could click and that's how it all started.

He thought it funny that whenever someone talks about what will be the next iPhone killer, iPad killer, iAnything killer, everyone gets really interested. However, if you ask what will be the next Android killer -- who cares? Someone in the audience asked what interesting feature will the next iPhone have, and without a beat he said "reception." With the current iPhone, Sinbad noted, "I can shoot movies, solve science problems, but I can't call my Momma." When asked when the government will switch to Macs, he said "Never, cause it would work, and that would be very dark times."

Funny stuff indeed!

Most reactions