What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix won't load on my Ipad2

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined the 30 day trial of netflix last week. When I am on my work wireless network, it works great, but when I am on my wireless network at home, which is a different internet carrier (mediacom) it will not load any movies. However my laptop which sits right beside my Ipad2 works perfectly with netflix.
I've talked to my internet provider and also netflix, and they both blame the other. Why would netflix work on my Ipad2 with one internet carrier and not the other?
Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. I have tried removing netflix and reinstalling it several times and still not working. Also tried resetting the Ipad, but no improvement.

Curlydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have the iPad 1 and Netflix works really well. I was expecting even better performance with the 2 considering the faster graphics processor. I wonder what's up. Anyone else have issues?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curlydog said:
I still have the iPad 1 and Netflix works really well. I was expecting even better performance with the 2 considering the faster graphics processor. I wonder what's up. Anyone else have issues?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Netflix went all wonky on my iPads 1 and 2 a few days ago. I think sometimes their system has problems and just shuts down. It all came back fine within a few hours.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like some necessary port is being blocked by your home provider. Or by your router's firewall.

Try contacting Netflix again and see if they will tell you what ports need to be open to download movies. If you manage your own router, check your settings and make sure you are not blocking those ports. If you are not, or your provider manages the router, then armed with your new info contact your home provider and ask them if they are perhaps blocking those ports.

No guarantees. Just my best guess.

OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,
It is unusual that netflix works fine on my two laptops at home, but it won't load on
my Ipad2. However when I take my Ipad away from my home and go to another
location, netflix works fine on it then. This is really baffling.

OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Safari works great on my Ipad at home. I don't have G3.
The only thing that won't work is netflix.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should still give Neflix the call about ports and/or servers. The app probably gets the movies from a different server than the web site, and I'm pretty sure it uses a dfferent video format too. Then make sure your privider is not blocking them.

You should have better luck talking to them if you can ask about specifics that they can check.

Most reactions

Latest posts