1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

need help updating iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by locus, Nov 24, 2010.

1. locus

locus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK my ipad is jailbreaked with 3.2.1 it works fine. I want to update it to 4.2. I hook it up to itunes it tells me there is an update available I click to update it downloads the update but as soon as the download is finished it crashes I get an error message.(I will try to post picture of error message). I have tried to get the ipad into recovery mode follow all the instructions but get the same error message, how can I get rid of the jailbreak and update to 4.2, I understand there is no jailbreak yet but I am willing to do it and jailbreak later when it is available untethered.

thanks

Update: went into settings and reset it from there, now its stuck on the apple logo nothing else happens

Update: managed to get it into recovery but keep getting same error message

Well no replies but if anybody cares I fixed it, got it up and running.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010