What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED HELP; restoring my ipad 2 for jailbreak

Legendaryatop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Im having problems with my ipad. I need to download 4.3.3 so i can jailbreak from jailbreakme.com, My current version is 4.3.2, I downloaded the 4.3.3 (ipsw) in order to update my ipad 2,

***I Put my ipad in DFU mode and Pressed alt+restore to click the ipsw file***

A error message comes up shorty saying " The ipad could not be restored. THis device isn't eligible for the requested build.

How can i bypass this error message? And resotre my ipad 2 to 4.3.3

Thanks;)

pkhong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I heard I think you need the blobs for 4.3.3. If I'm correct your outta luck.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
100% correct. You haven't saved your blobs so you have to upgrade to 4.3.5. Sorry.
I think you can jailbreak 4.2.2 though.

Go to jailbreakme.com and see what it says.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have an iPad with iOS 4.3.2, you cannot jailbreak it. JailbreakMe only works for the iPad2 running 4.3.3.

And, as the others have said, if you don't have SHSH blobs saved for version 4.3.3, you cannot load that version onto your iPad (and thus be able to jail break it).

Sorry, but you've missed the opportunity.

Marilyn

OP
L

Legendaryatop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohh, so i must have jailbroken it before to upgrade to 4.3.3? Also how can i save the SHSH files when i jailbreak it?

Averros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to have connected to Cydia when apple was still signing the 4.3.3 firmware... If you haven't then a restore to 4.3.3 won't happen... Only way to find out if you are not currently jail broken is to try the restore with the modified hosts and see what happens... I've tried it and it didn't do anything... Just returns an error. Make sure you read tutorials on entering DFU and you should be fine. However if you are not sure, then you most likely don't have the saved blob. But it doesn't hurt to try, just be sure to do a backup first.

If any of my information is incorrect, someone please feel free to correct me.

Averros

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohh, so i must have jailbroken it before to upgrade to 4.3.3? Also how can i save the SHSH files when i jailbreak it?

No, jailbroken or not, you will still get an error if you try to go to 4.3.3. And you don't have to be jailbroken to save shsh.

To save shsh though, download tinyumbrella (google it) and plug in your iPad and hit save shsh. It will save shsh for 4.3.5 and iOS beta 5 of you are a developer.

OP
L

Legendaryatop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand, Is there any other alternitve methood i can jailbreak the pad 2, is there any way to jailbreak firmware 4.3.2 or 4.3.5?

ABTguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I almost went into the same situation as well, was using a JB 4.3.3 and had problem with it struggle for 2 days finally got it reinstalled.

You can't go into your 4.3.2 anymore ? Or if you are able so, just download TinyUmbrella and run the program. Try to save your shsh blob, have the "chk with cydia" option ticked to see whether you can save a set of 4.3.3 blob from cydia, of your device specific id.

If your is a wifi version, as I understood it, you can upgrade to 4.3.5 and yet save the blob for 4.3.4. As there is no change in baseband, you can use TU to run the TSS service later and downgrade to the 4.3.3 firmware that you downloaded. I may be wrong though

If you can, then we can talk about next step, if not, sorry and enjoy the stock 4.3.5 :(

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ABTguy said:
Hi, I almost went into the same situation as well, was using a JB 4.3.3 and had problem with it struggle for 2 days finally got it reinstalled.

You can't go into your 4.3.2 anymore ? Or if you are able so, just download TinyUmbrella and run the program. Try to save your shsh blob, have the "chk with cydia" option ticked to see whether you can save a set of 4.3.3 blob from cydia, of your device specific id.

If your is a wifi version, as I understood it, you can upgrade to 4.3.5 and yet save the blob for 4.3.4. As there is no change in baseband, you can use TU to run the TSS service later and downgrade to the 4.3.3 firmware that you downloaded. I may be wrong though

If you can, then we can talk about next step, if not, sorry and enjoy the stock 4.3.5 :(

You are wrong I'm afraid. Please read our stickies for the facts on blobs. The OP has no way to JB or save blobs for anything but 4.3.5.

Most reactions

Latest posts