What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad has 3.2.2 but too late for SHSHs to save? Help!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are no SHSH blobs on the device.
It doesn't exist anywhere, if you never created it.
All that is on the device is an ECID (Exclusive Chip ID) which is unique to every iPad.
While it is true that it doesn't exist on the device, the blobs do exist on his computer, as well as Saurik's server. TinyUmbrella saves them there too as long as the firmware files have been downloaded--even if you never actually loaded that firmware.

For example, I have 4.2.1 SHSH blobs saved for my iPhone 4, but it has never run 4.2.1... it is still running 4.1. Conversely, I never saved my 4.0 blobs for iPhone 4 as 4.0.1 came out quite quickly. But TinyUmbrella keeps dutifully trying to save 4.0 for my iPhone 4, and is summarily rejected by Apple ("This device isn't eligible for the requested build.") :)

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As stated, it is too late for 3.2.2 blobs to be saved now. There is no way round this.

As regards the checkbox, if you keep it checked then iTunes will ask Cydia for blobs related to any firmware restore / update you perform. This is useful if you have saved blobs from previous versions of IOS with Cydia and regularly / occasionally want to downgrade or restore an old version.
If you uncheck the box iTunes will always ask Apple for the blobs (and of course the only ones they will sign is the current IOS version).
You can change this at any time by just opening tinyumbrella and changing the option...
In your case there is no advantage to redirecting to Cydia at the moment as you have no previous blobs saved, so unchecked would be fine, especially if you are going to use tinyu to manage your blobs locally from now on.

Hope that helps.
Good info!

As an FYI you can also use TinyUmbrella itself to downgrade to a no-longer-being-signed firmware. I started doing this after a time when I needed to restore and Saurik's (Cydia) server was down. Even before then I was somewhat leery of relying on one server... single point of failure and all that. (But I understand and APPRECIATE that Saurik started that process!)

When you start TinyUnbrella's TSS server if becomes its own "Cydia server" as far as fooling Apple is concerned. It then immediately redirects to the local host instead of to Cydia (modifying the hosts file).

Michael

Michael

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While it is true that it doesn't exist on the device, the blobs do exist on his computer, as well as Saurik's server.

Sorry, I meant that as a reply to RussW, and what I meant is that, there are no SHSH blobs anywhere for iOS 3.2.2 installation to his device, which is probably what he was asking.

Of course, he already has SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 and 4.2b3 now archived in Cydia, but I don't think that was what he meant with his question, and they would be useless for his purpose (of wanting to downgrade).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts