What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems w/Tiny Umbrella

vineetpatel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

A bit of a noob here. Appreciate any help, but getting stuck on the very last step.

I have a ipad 1, which was jailbroken a long time ago, but now i want to restore it (to IOS 5.1.1 - which I presume I can use to JB again later?).
I followed your instructions and got all the way to the end and got an itunes error (1600). Tried again, but same error.

I haven't saved shsh blobs with TU (I tried but it didn't recognize the ipad). However, the original cydia screen showed on the top "SHSH: ios 3.2, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2b3, 4,3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 5.1.1.". So i'm assuming cydia has saved these?

Any help to restore to 5.1.1 as continue to get error 1600?

Current ipad - first gen 64gb
Current version - 3.2 (7B637)
Model - MB294LL

Using iTunes ver 10.7
and restoring to ios 5.1.1

Many thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS

The biggest thing is that you need that 5.1.1 blob from Cydia so that you can use Tiny Umbrella (TU) to help you restore to iOS 5.1.1.

So, what exactly happens when you try to use TU to save blogs and TU doesn't recognize the iPad? Do you get an error or does it just not show? Have you tried the most recent version?

Marilyn

OP
V

vineetpatel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that you need that 5.1.1 blob from Cydia so that you can use Tiny Umbrella (TU) to help you restore to iOS 5.1.1.

So, what exactly happens when you try to use TU to save blogs and TU doesn't recognize the iPad? Do you get an error or does it just not show? Have you tried the most recent version?

Marilyn

Hi,

The latest version of TU doesn't recognize my ipad when I connect (iTunes recognizes it - so must be PC/TU issue).

If I get the 5.1.1 SHSH blob from Cydia using something like iSHSH|T(as TU doesn't appear to work), how will this help? As the steps to restore (using DFU mode), doesn't appear to utilise this SHSH blob?

Apologies if I'm appearing a bit dim here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made this problem of yours its own thread, vineetpatel. That's because the thread you started in was for restoring the iPad to the current iOS - which is now iOS 6. You want to put iOS 5.1.1 onto the iPad1, which is an entirely different scenario. That's why the steps you were trying to follow didnt match up with what you wanted to do. Sorry it took me so long to realize your issue was buried in the wrong thread. :)

The key is, we have got to find a way to make Tiny Umbrella recognize the iPad. Well, the key is that we have to get that SHSH blob for 5.1.1 to your computer so that it can be used to restore that iOS on the iPad1.

TBH - I'm a little out of my depth here, because I only know how to use TU. But, try getting those SHSH blobs to your computer using that tweak. Then, I believe the redsn0w jailbreak tool has a way of accessing the blobs without having to go through TU (you might even be able to diretly go to Cydia to get them via redsn0w). Try downloading the redsn0w tool (link here: Dev-Team Blog) and see if that will work. There is a good tutorial to use the redsn0w tool here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

Now that this thread is out here on its own, hopefully someone can help better than I. Or, maybe this'll help. Either way - do let us know how you're getting on.

Marilyn

OP
V

vineetpatel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made this problem of yours its own thread, vineetpatel. That's because the thread you started in was for restoring the iPad to the current iOS - which is now iOS 6. You want to put iOS 5.1.1 onto the iPad1, which is an entirely different scenario. That's why the steps you were trying to follow didnt match up with what you wanted to do. Sorry it took me so long to realize your issue was buried in the wrong thread. :)

The key is, we have got to find a way to make Tiny Umbrella recognize the iPad. Well, the key is that we have to get that SHSH blob for 5.1.1 to your computer so that it can be used to restore that iOS on the iPad1.

TBH - I'm a little out of my depth here, because I only know how to use TU. But, try getting those SHSH blobs to your computer using that tweak. Then, I believe the redsn0w jailbreak tool has a way of accessing the blobs without having to go through TU (you might even be able to diretly go to Cydia to get them via redsn0w). Try downloading the redsn0w tool (link here: Dev-Team Blog) and see if that will work. There is a good tutorial to use the redsn0w tool here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

Now that this thread is out here on its own, hopefully someone can help better than I. Or, maybe this'll help. Either way - do let us know how you're getting on.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn,

I've tried getting SHSH blobs using other methods - still no luck. I guess I'm going to have to try TU again.
I'm assuming I have these stored on Cydia - see attached.
shsh.PNG

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct. According to your screen shot, Cydia has those 5.1.1 blobs.

Good luck with TU (tho I really don't know why it's not working for you). Some things to check/try: Do you have Java installed? Have you turned off anti-virus protection? Have you tried running TU in administrator mode? Maybe a reboot of your computer?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts